The Smoking Sucks Thread.

Matt Vandart

I am starting this topic for anyone that smokes fags and has had enough and wants to stop and people that have stopped poisoning themselves successfully to help us loosers to get their lives back.

Also hopefully to stop people from starting the countdown of doom that is your first fag.

I have been smoking for too many years to count and am at the end of my tether trying to quit.

As I am getting longinthetooth I have noticed that it really is now affecting my fitness. In the last two years especially.

To the never smokers and smarty faced f**k heads, it really is not easy to stop and I would say that pretty much every smoker wishes they hadn't started.

To the young fools, you may think you can take it or leave it, which is fine, I would advise you to leave it now while that is the case because one day you will not be able to.

A few facts about smoking:

When you are a smoker, it rules your life, it just takes a good look to see it.

It will f**k your life up.

Anyone out there interested in maybe getting a stop smoking support group going, here on TF?

Matt

When you are a smoker, it rules your life, it just takes a good look to see it.

It will f**k your life up.

I think that's a bit OTT. But it's a drag at the best of times.

trialsforum is more addictive than smoking.

They both suck.

Will there be group hugs?

Yes, many.

I think that's a bit OTT. But it's a drag at the best of times.

Nice pun, but I am afraid it is true.

It's a slow and painfull death, from the first fag you have.

It does deffinately take control and rule your life. Nicotine tantrums ruin more than just your life aswell.

Do you smoke Nick?

Matt

Im game. ill start tuesday..

Excellent.

From my researchings pretty much the advice by everyone is it takes about 2 weeks to mentally prepare to extinguish your last Fag.

Matt

Nice pun, but I am afraid it is true.

It's a slow and painfull death, from the first fag you have.

It does deffinately take control and rule your life. Nicotine tantrums ruin more than just your life aswell.

Do you smoke Nick?

From my researchings pretty much the advice by everyone is it takes about 2 weeks to mentally prepare to extinguish your last Fag.

I presume you meant me, but i dunno how you know my name... Anyhow yeah, unfortunately. I think it'll depend more on peoples situations. Like i can smoke when i like at work and have nothing putting stress on my current life layout apart from work. And i don't really take it in to account so much as it's not really effected what i've done.

But that mentally preparing to quit sounds pretty daunting to say the least. I'm fed up of it but at the same time when you really need that cigarette things change.

I presume you meant me, but i dunno how you know my name... Anyhow yeah, unfortunately. I think it'll depend more on peoples situations. Like i can smoke when i like at work and have nothing putting stress on my current life layout apart from work. And i don't really take it in to account so much as it's not really effected what i've done.

But that mentally preparing to quit sounds pretty daunting to say the least. I'm fed up of it but at the same time when you really need that cigarette things change.

Ha. ha I know your name because I am all seeing :lol:

No it's because I bought a hope front brake off you, you nutter.

Matt

Ahhh shit. People know who i am now.

How is the brake anyhow?

Bloody marvelous thanks.

Bit OTT, smoking certainly doesn't rule my life...

If I really wanted to quit then I could, as it is though it's a social thing and I enjoy it! I barely smoke at all when I'm not with my mates :)

how many times did I and other people say that......................

I'm not starting this topic for people that are happy to smoke and don't want to quit, so i think we have had enough of replies along the lines of "I'm happy to smoke and I can give up when I want............." not meaning that offensively by the way your input is valid however not really in line with the idea of the topic..

It's for people that are unhappy smokers that want to quit.

Matt

Matt

Edited by Matt Vandart

i wanted to give up smoking for my 21st (june 5th) yeah i failed due to many parties and boozing it every night, i want to quit because of kick boxing and smoking is just wasting all my money i believe i will quit but going cold turkey is the wrong way to go about it, im cutting down though from 20 a day to 10 to 5 and now im on 3 a day and then il move to 2 a day then one then hopefully quit

I have stopped smoking for 8 months now and I feel great :) My stamina has got soooo much better and I don't get out of breath as much.

QUIT SMOKERS!!!

(Y):D

Matt

I have stopped smoking for 8 months now and I feel great :) My stamina has got soooo much better and I don't get out of breath as much.

QUIT SMOKERS!!!

(Y):D

Matt