Newbie Help - Identiti 666s

Human

I've got one of these:

http://www.identitibikes.com/identitibikes...php?id=5IT86S4K

It's the 24" version and I'd like to make it more trials focused. I'm not trying to be Danny Macaskill or anything, just trying make it a bit easier to handle to make up for my complete lack of skill. I guess I need a new stem (what length/rise!?) and some riser bars, and different gearing (like what!?). Anything else?

Cheers all!

I wouldnt use a 666 for street trials it will be too heavy, too low and will make it harder to learn on. You would be better off with a inspired fourplay, heatsink 24uk or a marino custom frame. Would make it so so much easier for you! But its up to you bud! Its your choice mate, happy hunting!

Edited by bender b rodreguez

I wouldnt use a 666 for street trials it will be too heavy, too low and will make it harder to learn on. You would be better off with a inspired fourplay, heatsink 24uk or a marino custom frame. Would make it so so much easier for you! But its up to you bud! Its your choice mate, happy hunting!

I know it's not trials specific but was hoping I'd get away with it whilst I learnt a bit more; is it really going to frustrate me that much? Having never ridden a trials bike I've got nothing to compare it to. Can I justify the expense to the missus!?

I've got one of these:

http://www.identitibikes.com/identitibikes...php?id=5IT86S4K

It's the 24" version and I'd like to make it more trials focused. I'm not trying to be Danny Macaskill or anything, just trying make it a bit easier to handle to make up for my complete lack of skill. I guess I need a new stem (what length/rise!?) and some riser bars, and different gearing (like what!?). Anything else?

Cheers all!

Y dont you try and put some rigid forks on it or summat so you get more balance, instead of suspensions.

not sure what size forks you need to get though(20"/26")

Everyone's right, that frame would only hold you back. You'd never be able to build a trials/whatever bike, you can only really have a trials only bike as they're so specific.

Sure you can do little bits on it just to get practising, but definately get hold of a trials specific frame as soon as you can, then you can really start learning and it'd be so much easier!

Everyone's right, that frame would only hold you back. You'd never be able to build a trials/whatever bike, you can only really have a trials only bike as they're so specific.

Sure you can do little bits on it just to get practising, but definately get hold of a trials specific frame as soon as you can, then you can really start learning and it'd be so much easier!

As I feared, the problem is the bike needs to be a compromise for day to day use, I just want to be able to tool around on street furniture whilst I'm out. I've found a cheap set of rigid forks on Ebay and I'll change the gearing, stem, and bars, then see if I still need the shoulders of Atlas to pull the damn thing up! I guess I'll be shopping for a second specific bike if I get hooked.

Thanks for the advice, I shall report back....

As I feared, the problem is the bike needs to be a compromise for day to day use, I just want to be able to tool around on street furniture whilst I'm out. I've found a cheap set of rigid forks on Ebay and I'll change the gearing, stem, and bars, then see if I still need the shoulders of Atlas to pull the damn thing up! I guess I'll be shopping for a second specific bike if I get hooked.

Thanks for the advice, I shall report back....

it would be way to heavy to hop up very well, the geo would be all wrong for it too! I mean if u have 24 trials bike you can still run gears and use it from day to day thats what ill be doing with mine.

it would be way to heavy to hop up very well, the geo would be all wrong for it too! I mean if u have 24 trials bike you can still run gears and use it from day to day thats what ill be doing with mine.

Please, I'm struggling not to admit to myself that I have bought the wrong bike. I thought it would be a good compromise, it had the option for gears and had a seat height I could ride across town comfortably on, but I'd also be able to throw it around a bit. I thought a trials spec would be wasted in my hands and completely impractical. Bollocks bollocks bollocks.

Tell me about yours, maybe I can salvage something from this.....

Well at the moment im in the process of buying a 24" but at the moment im riding a 26" which is a converted dirt jump bike this is why i advised not to do this, its quite hard to ride learnin to backhop ect. But i ride this to work every day i have a 22 tooth chainring and bash guard up front and an 8 speed roadie cassette and short cage mech with a standard mtb shifter it works fine for me and i will transfer this set up to my inspired when i get one in august. I also did this with my monty 230 urban a few years ago!

Well at the moment im in the process of buying a 24" but at the moment im riding a 26" which is a converted dirt jump bike this is why i advised not to do this, its quite hard to ride learnin to backhop ect. But i ride this to work every day i have a 22 tooth chainring and bash guard up front and an 8 speed roadie cassette and short cage mech with a standard mtb shifter it works fine for me and i will transfer this set up to my inspired when i get one in august. I also did this with my monty 230 urban a few years ago!

Thanks, I don't know what to do now, cry probably. I guess I'm better off just selling it and starting again, and though I didn't know I wanted a trials bike until I rode it, it seems to be an expensive way to find out.