For All Inspired Riders, What Do You Want To See.

Simpson

What would you like to see?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Length of chainstays

• Longer
    • Same
    • Shorter
  2. 2. Weight VS Strength

• Light Weight / brittlness (inevitably)
    • Strength at the cost of extra weight
  3. 3. Drop-Out design

• Vertical
    • Horizontal
    • Undecided
  4. 4. Would you like to see disk tabs?

• Yes
    • No
    • Couldnt care.
  5. 5. What brake design?

• Vee
    • Maggie
    • Don't care.

Basically what would you really like to see on the new Inspired, which apparently Isn't even in testing yet but i am BUSTING to get my hands on one in a limited edition Simpson Orange spray job :P

I would like to see shorter stays on the inspired, I think the one at the moment has slightly long stays for ultimate bunnyhop and street moves, but I wouldn't like to see derastic changes in the geo as i love it, but some teaks on chainstay lenth would be good and in my opinion improve the ride.

I would always chose strength over weight, but I would like them to try and make it a bit lighter because mine does feel like a bit of a tank (although this probaly isn't aided by my set up)

I'm undecided on dro pout deisgn, I'm fairly open to what they want to do, I love the thought of horizontal drop outs as i eat tensioners for breakfast but I will get fustrated by chain tension and wheel alignment so I'm undeicded on that front so far.

I couldn't care less wether it has a disk brake on it, but for a street rider I can picture people running Avid Juicys 9's and stuff on them which I think would be pretty sweet and stealthy, but I would never run rear disk on a 24"

And I think Vee bosses are a good idea, just to make it feel a bit more old school. But still undecided as i love my maggie!!! lol

Whats your guys oppinions?

Edited by Simpson

Disc mounts would be nice and from a selfish point of view I'd love it if my frame had vee bosses, but other than that there's nothing I'd change on my current Inspired frame.

It's plenty light enough at 2.1kg and the geometry is spot on as far as I'm concerned. I'm not too fussed by the dropouts. Vertical makes life simple with regards to brake setup and geo, plus only fools kill tensioners that much, but yeah

I wouldnt say bunnyhopping is an issue.. Have you seen what danny mac bunnyhops?? LOL!! I know he's scottish and 50/50 man/machine, but still :P

Bet Danny mac could bunnyhop a Long GU higher than me, doesn't mean its got the perfect geo for it.

Shorter chainstays will make it harder to hop high IMO. It will make hoppping the bike easier but the potential hopping height lower.......

thats what it's like in BMX.

On my BMX i'd ideally want the chainstay slightly longer in order to hop higher, you just have to throw your weight around more to get to the max height.

Shorter chainstays would make manualing the inspired easier..... (Isn't it true danny hates/can't manually his inspired??)

Shorter chainstays will make it harder to hop high IMO. It will make hoppping the bike easier but the potential hopping height lower.......

thats what it's like in BMX.

On my BMX i'd ideally want the chainstay slightly longer in order to hop higher, you just have to throw your weight around more to get to the max height.

Shorter chainstays would make manualing the inspired easier..... (Isn't it true danny hates/can't manually his inspired??)

Danny manuals his inspired like a machine!!! But if u have a shorter back end it makes a bike less stable when u do go to back wheel?

Going back to the original question, how about a free 500ml can of danny mac's riding talent! :Dlol! the only problem i can see the eccentric wheel adjustment is that it raises the rear ride height therefore effectively lowering the front and from what i can gather from other riders comments these frames dont ride well with low front ends.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd really love to see vee brake mounts. You could use some bmx technology by adding removable brake mounts on the under side of the seat stays and have some 4 bolt mounts on the other side, similar idea to the 24uk.

When I buy a frame I look for functionality and looks, if it has a feature I'm not going to use I won't buy the frame. for example: gyro/brake/cable mounts, I ride bmx brakeless so don't need all the mounts but recently removable gyro tabs, brake guides, cable guides etc have been made removable so it keeps the frame looking "clean" and "simple".

I love vee brakes and think there are not enough trials frames in general (20"/24"/26") that can take vee brake unless you want to splash on a Curtis or Leeson.

Well thats my 2p worth.

• 3 weeks later...