26" To 24" Brake Adaptors?

Damon W

basically, as many know my frame is in bits, and i might be able to lend a frame off my mate, but its a 26" frame and iv got 24" wheels

does any company make adaptors to convert 26" 4 bolt magura mounts into 24" 4 bolt magura mounts? essentially would just be a plate with mounts further down?

any expected problems with this idea?

Geo would be a it weird no ?

I know Heatsink Steve has some "26-"24 adaptors i enquried about, think he wanted liek £15 ? Only problem is there Vee but you could use evo mounts/a vee for the time being.

no, the marino i had was gu geo, jus had 24" wheels :)

ive just been told edd potts is the man to talk to?

gallery_422_553_126636.jpg

4 bolt booster, bolted to 4 bolt mounts and jubilee clipped at end. Brakes mounted using 4 bolt mounts, upside down. 2 or 4 bolt booster to ad a bit of stiffness. If you snap jubilee clips you can tie the brake on with v brake cable. Job done ^_^

should have kept that other marino really...

yer yer iv lernt my lesson :closedeyes: , but wer not goin into that AGAIN

dont go off topic please :giggle:

gallery_422_553_126636.jpg

4 bolt booster, bolted to 4 bolt mounts and jubilee clipped at end. Brakes mounted using 4 bolt mounts, upside down. 2 or 4 bolt booster to ad a bit of stiffness. If you snap jubilee clips you can tie the brake on with v brake cable. Job done ^_^

cheers (Y) il forward that to who ever i try get to make me one, wat booster is that? leeson? an problems with it?

Edited by Damon W

Yeh was a Leeson booster. Ran fine, save for snapping one of the jubilee clips mid ride and having to tie it on with a bit of spare brake cable.

It was a pure bodge, if the option is there to buy one of Heatsinks v mount kits and use evos that would probably result in a better brake I'd have thought.

Yeh was a Leeson booster. Ran fine, save for snapping one of the jubilee clips mid ride and having to tie it on with a bit of spare brake cable.

It was a pure bodge, if the option is there to buy one of Heatsinks v mount kits and use evos that would probably result in a better brake I'd have thought.

why did the jubilea clip snap? :o i would of thought there was no stress on it?

and i thought jubilea clips were strong?

i threaded many frames and jubilea clipd them with no problems