Front Rim Problems

Duncy H

Right here is my situation....

After my front disc going all weird I decided to go back to front rim brake. After getting and fitting etc my new brake I found a problem with my rim. At a certain point (where the valve pops through on both sides it goes inwards making the brake sort of pump or like when you have a bent rotor. Is there anyway to sort this? Only thing i thought of was to grand harshly the rim all the way round apart from this area :P Anyone got any ideas?

Ohhh right. Just bend it back out, wasn't like that when i had it, i used a Rim brake on it for about 6 months and it worked fine, no problems atall.

Infact it had one tiny dent in it, not enough to cause this sort of problem, like i say worked for me.

Thats Was described in the sale aswell so i'm on no way to blame if thats what your getting at.

Yeh sort of but it goes inwards on both sides of the rim at the same point :( so when the the pads are pressed against the rim at this point it means you have to push further making it weird etc.

So its a bad dent? Mabey try whack it in a vice and straighten it out.