What Is The Coolest Thing's You Have Ever Found .?

My GF and I were riding a nice bit of singletrack last weekend and somehow she saw a lovely Gerber knife off the side of the trail (probably because she rides so slow). Well, I didn't find it, but she gave it to me. That sort of counts.

"Was out riding, fell into a bush, found a phone in there sold it on ebay for £80" <--------- HA! Funny!

it was dark and i was riding my xc bike when i saw what looked like a rim by the side of the trail. i stopped and looked at it and it had stickers on that looked just like a dt swiss 5.1 rim on a hope pro 2 hub

on further inspection it turned out to be from halfords.

biggest let-down of my life....

How did you think of that much detail in the time it took you to have a proper look lol :S

• 4 weeks later...

Visiting my dad on holiday. Lives near the coast. Think flat and boring and lots of old people. Riding my xc bike around to kill time and I happen across this. I do have my stock packed in the car, but am curious to find out how the locals may react to me practicing on their bit of unearthed history. It doesn't say "No Tresspassing" but a small sign reads "Hazardous area. Proceed at own risk"

It also has a sign telling us what the structure used to be. Apparently, it was the foundation to a large steam powered artillery post around the early 1900s. I may roll out there this evening when the old busybodys are inside napping.

Be forewarned, crappy cell phone pics.

post-18816-1247508130_thumb.jpg

post-18816-1247508140_thumb.jpg

post-18816-1247508148_thumb.jpg

post-18816-1247508156_thumb.jpg

that is awesome riding stuffs.

ive found a 6" skinning knife, a cell phone, money, ammunition, i thought i found an AK 47 once but it was gone by the time i was able to turn the car around and go back.

i think thats about it thats interesting.

Me and a friend once found a perfectly round - or it would be if it wasn't crumbly - stone. It smells like metal, almost like it used to be shot for an old kind of gun, but it's not rusted, just gone crumbly.

I don't think that's the coolest thing I've found, but I can't remember anything else.

Found 1000 Lambert and butler when i was in Majorca. Couple of mobile phones/Lighters etc over the years. Money. Found a wallet in Sheffield when out riding and then tried to give it to a Police officer who wouldn't take it :S

Found a massive knife when i was like 9, must have been nearly 2ft long :P

My grandma got burgled about 6 years ago, her house backs onto a massive field and i was walking the dog in there about 2 years ago and found a Necklace and some earrings that had gone missing 4 years ago :P

Also found a Bag of weed a few years back, Threw it away, don't know where it's been

I think i found god once but that was after a heavy night of substance abuse.

Otherwise i have found £20 on the side of the road once, Found a little homeless persons shanty village in some woods near me once was interesting about 5 tents and a fire place in the middle and 7 homeless people they were rather freindly we sat and had a few smokes with them.

Found a set of keys in the middle of a MTB track with my mate.

It was a eletronic lock so we tracked down the car and waited to some one walked over to it (because we are good people).

We couldnt find them so took the keys to the cops.

We could of nicked of with the car and probly found out their address and stolen a whole heap of stuff if we wanted to!

wow 4 pages and nop ones said madeline mcann

I found a very rusty digger on the beach which had been there for years, but you can still see the rockers for the valve in the engine and the hydraulic rams! pretty cool, got pics somewhere

I think i found god once but that was after a heavy night of substance abuse.

Otherwise i have found £20 on the side of the road once, Found a little homeless persons shanty village in some woods near me once was interesting about 5 tents and a fire place in the middle and 7 homeless people they were rather freindly we sat and had a few smokes with them.

Cool

Nice spot....

and never found anything worth saying

Love it when you find a bank note you,ve totally forgot about in your coat/jacket/jeans, its great lol :turned:

This is the best thing, even if I have a wad of cash I love finding money in jeans that I didn't know was there. Out riding the other day my missus found a fiver like this and we had hot dogs from a van it was awesome. I found £1 in my shorts when I put them on today, I'm gonna get a hot dog.

Edit: Right now.

Matt

Edited by Matt Vandart