Is Anybody On Here A Hardcore Christian?

Davetrials

Or maybe they would rather believe a jolly old fat guy really is creeping around peoples houses 1 night of the year, religion is obselete and is just used to stop people from actually having to solve their own problems.

Well said.

rehab477.jpg

Or maybe they would rather believe a jolly old fat guy really is creeping around peoples houses 1 night of the year, religion is obselete and is just used to stop people from actually having to solve their own problems.

Haha, how narrow minded is that!

Thats like me giving an opinion on horse riding, it looks to me like they are an obselete pain in the arse, but at least I can see quite plainly that I'm wrong due to the amount of horse riders in the UK.

Edited by Muel

Haha, how narrow minded is that!

Thats like me giving an opinion on horse riding, it looks to me like they are an obselete pain in the arse, but at least I can see quite plainly that I'm wrong due to the amount of horse riders in the UK.

Now that i've read it i'm not narrow minded just arrogant and opinionated.

No evidence that directly proves the existence of god, none to say god doesn't exist either. No one can answer the question of how anything exists so there isn't going to be a conclusion anytime soon. I'm open minded.

Christianity generally helps people nothing wrong with that

That is false. For one the bible is a proof that God exists along with millions of people through out the world that have seen and expreienced the power of God i.e. This girl who was at this big Christian camp (Easter Camp) sprained her ankle, And This guy prayed over it the same day and it was healed instantly and the next day she gave her life to God. I was there so I know its true.

What I dont get is why people would rather believe that when they die, thats it , they are just a corpse in the ground, over believing that if they are a Christian during their life on earth and they will be rewarded with eternal happiness in heaven.

I would rather have that than nothing!

Is Hannah Shucksmith and I the only believers on here?

I would have expected a christian to say my approach is fair enough giving that respecting others is a pretty big principle of recent Christianity disregarding the holy wars etc...

I wasn't talking about god in terms of the guy chatted about in the bible I was thinking of a first cause as I can't get my head round the universe being infinite, although it seems likley.

Yeah ok so you saw someone cure the minor injury of a sprained ankle, how can you know she was not a stooge and more importantly if your god is omnipotent and has the power to cure small aliments with ease... why then do things like the tsunami or hurricane Katrina occur so often if he has the power to stop them? He condemns sinful people to hell right.. can you say for sure that these people were sinful?

I'm not sure I can take the word of people that lived thousands of years ago upon such a strong belief, as i can't take yours now, I'm not expecting a reply as You wont be able to justify stuff like that. Believe what you want if it makes you happy but I'm more concerned in what is worthwhile. I don't think you would believe if you had a shit life like many people do.

There is so many more things that just don't make sense with Christianity its hard to know where to start.... god creates us so knows what we will do in our life and whether we will go to hell or not so whats the point in life atall? We all came from adam and eve... so were all inbred...NICE.. if that was true we would have been killed by a virus or whatever by now

Edited by ilikeriding

I think he had a fair point with the whole Santa thing, God and Santa have a lot in common.

They are both believed my millions, but neither has any real proof of existence.

Most people only really believe in them becuase their parents bring their kids up to believe in them.

They both have no respect for the laws of science.

They both have beards.

They both threaten you with punishment if your bad, and reward you if you're good.

We communicate with them to ask for good things.

..etc

I was waiting for you to reappear!

Hello!

Well in that case you need to learn to read, no one has insulted anyone in here, it's a DISCUSSION. If you're too narrow minded that people can't challenge your beliefs and values without it offending you, then I feel sorry for you.

I think it's a hilarious concept that you can get insulted by someone challening the existance of God or the validity of the bible and proving it with cast iron evidence. You can still believe in stuff you know! In case you havn't noticed, no-one in here has tried to show you the "truth", just tried to show you how blinkered your view is! (In my opinion).

This is not a discusion.

This is you guys saying that Christianity is just crap and all the followers are nuts.

At the least its a very unpolite and offending topic (In my opinion).

Hello!

This is not a discusion.

This is you guys saying that Christianity is just crap and all the followers are nuts.

maybe but a little naive to think that this topic was never going to go this way ... its the internet.

This is not a discusion.

It quite clearly is a discussion, two sides putting their point across... What you're getting offended by, I imagine, is the fact that the majority of people replying aren't as blinkered as yourself to the (very good) possibility that religion is a big pile of human created rubbish. You have done nothing to make anyone see things your way because, from your posts, you're in waaaaay too deep and, in my opinion, have completely lost touch with reality and are totally lost in the sensationalism side of religious craziness.

In my opinion not all christians are nuts, just misguided. You, however, I would describe as nuts! :P

On the whole Santa vs. God thing... JT has it exactly right but misses out the vital, final point- 'By the time people turn 10 (or so), they come to realise that Santa is actually just a nice made up story to give parents something to threaten their kids with if they're bad and impart some control.'

So what, exactly, goes wrong which stops a lot of people from refusing to believe in a just as crazy story about a man in the sky once they're 10? Is it that the threats are greater? Eternity in pain and suffering > not getting a train set?

Christianity Religion: the greatest lie ever told. (And believed).

Why shouldn't your religious views be open to critcism? Just as, say, your political views or your opinions on the arts.

Oh, that's right, politics are the arts are real. To question the existence of your big sky fairy is just plain embarassing for you.

Put it this way.

If some guy who does downhill(for example) and says to you that Trials is stupid and that its a waste of time, you would be offended wouldnt you?

Thats what Im seeing this as, being told what I like and believe as being stupid and a waste of time.

its the internet.

Yeah that explains it.

It quite clearly is a discussion, two sides putting their point across... What you're getting offended by, I imagine, is the fact that the majority of people replying aren't as blinkered as yourself to the (very good) possibility that religion is a big pile of human created rubbish. You have done nothing to make anyone see things your way because, from your posts, you're in waaaaay too deep and, in my opinion, have completely lost touch with reality and are totally lost in the sensationalism side of American religious craziness.

No this is stuff that I have been a witness to and have seen first hand. And I am simply telling a few tales of what I have seen. I dont realy care if you believe me or not, just that if people want to know what kind of stuff goes on in Christian lives, its there and they can chose to believe it or not.

Edited by Bol Maaaaaaing

Put it this way.

If some guy who does downhill(for example) and says to you that Trials is stupid and that its a waste of time, you would be offended wouldnt you?

Nope, that's opinion, and opinion based on reality. It's a purely valid opinion because he can base it on arguable points.

Was thinking also, the Bible right, it's full of miraculous and almost magical stuff. Burning bush, that guy whose bird turned to salt (or something like that), fish and chips twice that fed 5000 people, Jesus coming back from the dead, woman who got up the duff but never had sex etc etc. You believe all that yet it's never happened in real life, I mean come on, think about it. That stuff just doesn't happen! No one has ever seen that stuff happen, because it can't. Why do you believe in it all then?!

Thats what Im seeing this as, being told what I like and believe as being stupid and a waste of time.

No, I wouldn't be the slightest bit offended because I can see that downhill is impressive and quite a cool thing to do and a downhiller, even if he thinks trials is a waste of time and stupid is allowed his opinion and I'm sure would also think that it's also quite clever, even if he won't admit it!

You, however, when someone questions your faith, simply get really defensive and ask for the thread to be closed.

As for the things you've witnessed or have heard stories of, I just think you really need to question these things more. Everything you've described in your posts simply don't make sense. You, personally, seem to have been witness to several real life miracles. Outside of sensationalist (usually American) chrisitian groups, the world tend to see none. Ever (except jesus occasionally appearing in jars of marmite). If your healing man has the power to instantly heal someone, what the hell is he doing at a christian camp? Surely 'god' would have a far better use for someone who sounds like he has the power jesus himself and may, in fact, be the new messiah. Or maybe he's just a normal guy who is good at making gullible kids believe what he wants them to believe in a setting in which everyone has already accepted his truth and is unquestioning to start with? Oh, and I'm sure he's making a pretty penny out of the gullible kids too (Y).

Edit for the non-believers:

1.jpg

Hallelujah!

d_8347.jpg

Put it this way.

No I honestly wouldn't because I'm not that sensitive, I'd just explain why I like it and leave them to their opinions.

How is it offensive if someone says trials is shit? You must lead a very unhappy life if you let it get to you every time anyone criticises anything you do.

Question:

Why do people try to convince Christians that there is no God?

Do you really think it will work? I've seen a lot of internet discussions about this subject, and not once has any of the Christians turned round and said "You know what, you're Right! Thank you for showing me the truth!" It just never happens. It's like discussing which colour is best or whether JarJar Binks was a good addition to the Star Wars franchise. With that in mind, why even bother? All that happens is that the argument becomes more heated, and each side becomes more resolute and digs their heels in deeper. I can't think of any reason to keep fighting a battle you know it's impossible to win?

Also whenever I read these topics, I always come away with the impression that the Christians come across better. There's no name-calling, no insulting other people's intelligence, just (usually) pretty humble replies. I'm not a psychologist but I wonder what kind of insecurity forces the Atheist team to feel the need to prove their opinion. Reading the replies in this thread there's almost a mob mentality of the atheists ganging up on the Christians (Let's face it, the Christians are a minority on this forum!).

Just a couple of observations. For the record, I don't believe in God. Call it Agnosia.