Kenny Belaey + Rubber Queen

Mowgli

hey,

the obvious really, i think it may fit but wondered if anyone has tried it as thats the only way to know.

same goes for tubeless mountain king and so on......

regards

It does fit for any one that also needs to know!

Edited by Mowgli

The carcass came out slightly larger than a 2.5 maxxis but with smaller tread blocks on my bike, because bigman had it hung on his garage wall before I got it off him its got a bit of a bulge in it that did scuff the frame (only the plate gusset on the seatstays) but its stopped now its worn down a little :)

Surely Ian would know, since he's run virtually every frame and tyre in existence?

he says he doesnt think it will but has never tried it, and i run a 42mm rim, soon to be 44mm so am thinking that might pinch the tyre in a bit.

Cheers forteh, i think i might try and get hold of one if u say it pretty much fits, so is there plenty of clearance on the chainstay? what width rim to u run?

Regards

Edited by Mowgli

They are significantly bigger than a 2.5 front tread minion, my minion didn't rub my frame at all, now my rubber queen does on both sides when you pedal hard! (Side knobbles trimmed down aswell!).

Cheers forteh, i think i might try and get hold of one if u say it pretty much fits, so is there plenty of clearance on the chainstay? what width rim to u run?

Sorry, forgot to mention that is on my triton not a kenny :$

Im using a DX32 (38mm wide), there are no width issues with my frame, more carcass diameter.

Bad photo, but you see there is loads of clearance around the chainstay yoke but its very close on the seatstay gusset/yoke/plate thing :)

post-6335-1242722735_thumb.jpg

Ive got a coust v2 moggles and there is no chance a rubber queen will clear it, dont know how your kenny measures up to the coust though.

ANdy B

I've got a coust V2 and I managed to get a rubber queen in there with a streched chain but I had to trim the knobbles down a bit and it still rubbed on harsh pedal strokes.

Maybe try Ians Rain king in there? About the same width surely?

Rain kings are a totally different size. I've got one in my Coust now and there is loads of space.

I've got a coust V2 and I managed to get a rubber queen in there with a streched chain but I had to trim the knobbles down a bit and it still rubbed on harsh pedal strokes.

Mine is sat right in the front of the dropouts so not a chance of it clearing, try all tyre nearly rubs.

damn you all i am all confused now, iain has a spare rubber queen hence me asking, but he says i can try it so will find out in the next two weeks or so. cheers for the help guys,

but from mentioning the rain king, is that more likely to fit??

Regards

Kenny Belaey + Rubber Queen, will it fit??

Up his backside or over his head? :P

Every frame I've seen a Rubber Queen fit into has been a pretty close fit, they are huge. If there's over half an inch of gap between the tyre and the BB Yoke currently it could fit but I don't know how curved the inside of the yoke is on that frame.

Up his backside or over his head? :P

i was thinking more as a hula hoop, lol.

my concern is that the chainstays pinch together to join the bb in a kinda strait line so the yoke isn't quite round, but will find out tomorrow. :D