How Come?

Dave Anscombe

How come hardly anyone makes a 36 hole rear mod rim anymore.......

By the looks of things the origional try all rims are not going to be made for much longer due to the new single wall weight saving stuff going on........and they are only 32 hole

Trial tech only make them in 32 hole

deng 32 hole

Whats going on ?

Are the traditional try all rims going to be killed off?

Ever tried building a 36 hole 20" rim? I'm not sure my spoke key will even fit between the spokes to tighten them come to think of it... I reckon 32 spokes are more than enough unless you ride flatland and spend all day rolling around on the sides of the tyres :P...

Exactly. Dave and myself both run a profile on the rear, which are 36 hole. Its a pain trying to source rims when there are no decent rims out there that are 36 hole. Its not we're just being awkward on purpose :P

Spot on andy (Y)

i really dont like running a front freewheel they feel gash.

Guess il use the 36 hole echo rims from now on

Edited by Dave Anscombe

Revell Rear Rim ;)

They are 36H only (Y)

EDIT: And the try-all Reinforced Rim is 36h only also so there is a fair bit of choice :)

Thats with 5 mins searching on tarty ;)

EDIT 2: Tryall street rims :P

The Revell rims aren't being made any more (well yet anyway until the new redesigned ones come out) and Tarty only have Gold in stock which is not to everyones choice.

The other 2 arent drilled rims which some people who are concerned with weight like to run, so I wouldn't say thats a "fair bit of choice" compared to what's available in 32 hole.

The Revell rims aren't being made any more (well yet anyway until the new redesigned ones come out) and Tarty only have Gold in stock which is not to everyones choice.

The other 2 arent drilled rims which some people who are concerned with weight like to run, so I wouldn't say thats a "fair bit of choice" compared to what's available in 32 hole.

You can easily drill them yourself?

You can easily drill them yourself?

Oh yeah I totally agree that its possible to do it yourself, but not everyone has the tools and patience to do it properly. Plus I wouldn't want to take a big drill to my brand new 50 quid rim incase something went wrong.

If the choices were there for people, we wouldn't have to resport to that kinda thing.