Ashton Effect

chrispy61

I do know what its like startin a business i worked for several months along side my dad getting his business started bout 2 years ago. I understand that problems happen but we were more annoyed that there was no news of progress on it. But anyway now Martyn has cleared things up abit i know what to expect. I was frustrated that after the team ashton article in mbuk proclaiming that it would be released very and it would be one of the best play bikes around and then it sort of fizzeled out! I am really lookin forward to its release as i really want one!

I do know what its like startin a business i worked for several months along side my dad getting his business started bout 2 years ago. I understand that problems happen but we were more annoyed that there was no news of progress on it. But anyway now Martyn has cleared things up abit i know what to expect. I was frustrated that after the team ashton article in mbuk proclaiming that it would be released very and it would be one of the best play bikes around and then it sort of fizzeled out! I am really lookin forward to its release as i really want one!

I agree with you, like in any buisness you need to keep ur customers in the loop! I Appreciate Martyn posting on the forum.

If the geo's gonna be identical to an ET, it has that disc mount, the build quality and more importantly the price is right, i'm gonna be very very tempted...

Ditto! I have heard the et geo was lush! Hope they keep the disc mount the same as it looks sick between the chainstay and seatstay. I belive from what i saw on the ashton website it will be 229 for the frame but it could change

ET's were just amazing. I'll see what they feel like built up, for that price (or less second hand) i'd definitely consider one *dare i say it* over my 609 if they ride like the Eddie Tongue's and don't snap as easily :lol:

Not being funny but if its not out in the few months I doubt there will be an Ashon Effect band waggon craze, I don't know about anyone else but over the last month I have been spending to get my 2 bikes ready for summer and have no plans to change any parts, bar an inspired 2 being released.

Why are you so keen on an Inspired 2 if there's no info about them yet, Simps? Is there anything wrong with your current frame?! :P

Becuase I'm a frame whore, and this inspired is the longest I've owned a frame in about 3 years and i need a change.

Great i cant even get hold of a inspired fourplay yet and there Gunna bring out a newer version! B******ds lol! Sods law! But back to the ashton! Were the old et's brittle then?

They were notorious for cracking and subsequently snapping, gorgeous frames though - there's still a few of them in one piece :)

Doesn't look as nice as the pre production one :( Maybe it's just the pic, I was really digging the green though, and the dropouts were loads nicer on the proto. The matt paint really gave the proto a quality look, the gloss finish doesn't seem to do it as much justice...

Edited by adamtrials

I agree its lost some of its sparkle! I mean im not fussed about the green hope parts. But the drop outs were way nicer on Martyns bike but i suppose to keep the frame to around £229 like they want they had to keep it simple. But i think personally blue and black doesnt quite go. All blue with white forks and graphics would look gorgeous. I may well still buy an ashton for a play bike. But im still definatly buying a marino.

Edited by bender b rodreguez

I should say at this point that the dropouts WILL be the ones that are on the justice, my proto and martyns proto....

This was another sample really ...

Pictures of the frameset versions should be up soonish too ...

I should say at this point that the dropouts WILL be the ones that are on the justice, my proto and martyns proto....

This was another sample really ...

Pictures of the frameset versions should be up soonish too ...

What about the paint jobs? are those on the new pics final? I much prefered the other ones.

Edited by Mikee

I would imagine similar to the ET Ross. Im glad they are going to change the dropouts back to the originals, they look neat and also with the mount between the stays it keeps the brake caliper out of harms way. Its wee touches like that make a good frame better!

Edited by bender b rodreguez

Well...

I'm jumping on this band wagon. Just bumping in case there's any news? :ermm:

~£230 for the frameset is amazing. Even if they're snap-happy, get two for a little more than the price of one normal frame! Heh. (And then have spare parts from whatever else the set includes ^_^)