Mototrials.

Mikey Tomo

Nope, went yesterday though, takahisa fujinama had a nasty bail... suspected bust ribs but turned out fine! Riding today, Jonathan Richardson is coming second this weekend in the youth, lampkins down in eigth in the adults, bou's first and I think fujinama is second? and raga third?

You talking about overall or on the day? Onthe day it was 1.Bou 2.Raga and 3.Cabastany

I wish I had of gone today but I have exams and my dads away atm. Back to bikes what sort of price range you looking at? or year? I also will give a big vote for the sherco as thats what I have. I think because they are more torquey they are better for begginers and require less maintenance. Also the biggest regret I have is not getting involved in competitions early enough as i thought it was some big deal but you learn so much more from them and all the guys are there to help and friendly characters.

EDIT: bou isn't allowed to crash he's too good

and fuji so close but yet so far, looked rather painful

Edited by Duncy H

have a look on ebay you can get like 125 o6 models for about 1600 but there is a steering fault on that year the clamps were to big or sommin, in my view get a beta they are the most powerful ive put mine threw hell and not broken much as they are solid, they also have a keihin carbs giving you a more powerful bike and a better feel on the throttle

If a GasGas costs £800, it needs money spending on it in my experience.

Someone I know had a 1997 GasGas TXT250, not even a Pro just the base model, it sold for £1200, and it wasn't immaculate really.

Wish I knew that before I sold my 98 125 txt in used but reasonable condition for £360

You should have been able to get most of your money back on it if you ask me, those old Gassers have gone up in value a lot recently because everyone who owned them then upgraded to newer models now want them back because the newer models are so fragile.

Ive got the 06 MRS Sherco for sale on there, a 125.. looking for £1450 now, will even give a full tank of fuel and a spare chain!

I wont be getting one for about 3-4 weeks could be longer, I'll let you know when I will and maybe we could sort something out?

Personal experience; 125's Id be looking at a Gas Gas or the little 125f/175f Scorpa. Gas Gas are a very good bike, especially to learn on because the PRO model is very light. Scorpa's are brilliant. Sherco's be careful ! They are not the most quality bike! I would never have a beta personally, they p**s petrol from the carb and have seen 2 catch fire. And someone I know ripped the engine out of one riding over a log..... No thanks! I know there are some die hard Beta fans on here who'd argue that! :D

Gas Gas are good so long as you look after them - I've had 10 and never had any major problems with any of them. the last one I ran up about 2500 miles on the engine and never had to strip it.

Try going to some events and talking to people, maybe even blag a few go's on different bikes.

Beta 125's NEVER piss petrol. Only the 250's and 270's as they have a mikuni carb. The 125's have a delorto carb until 2008 where they have keihin carbs.

Mine does too... what needs adjusted to stop it?!

It is to do with the float tangs being slightly bent. You need to make sure they are parrelell to the carb body.

If you look on R2W trials website (Heath's site) then he has posted infomation on how to modify the carb correctly. There are also hundreds of postes on trials central on this....