Grips

TrialZonn

Hello.

I am in need of new grips and I am not sure what to choose:foam or rubber.

Can someone explain the advantages and disadvantages of each type?

Or is it only a personal preference for every rider?

I would also like to know if there is a solution to the sweat ''problem''

I ride with gloves but my hands sweat and I can get enough grip with the handlebars.

During my last rides I noticed that my hands were slipping from my handlebars, especially at sidehops and other moves that you need to lift the bike with the hands.

I'm going to replace my current gloves with these:Try-All Gloves

and also get some new grips...

Any advice appreciated.

Many thanks

iv'e been using THESE for a while and they are the best imo. iv'e also tried Echo Rubbers and they lasted about a week... My mate had some DMR lock-on grips which felt pretty good and have lasted him a fair while. Stay away from THESE lock-ons, again they last about a week...

Edited by Nickkkkk

I run foams, and I love them. I got some race bike grips from halfords for a fiver and are really long, so i cut them in half and use them, which means I get 2 sets of grips for a fiver, so I can get new ones when they split because they are'nt that much.:)

How are people ensuring their Trialtech foams don't slip? I want some for my next set of grips since when I've tried them on other people's bikes they've felt really nice however they always seem to be slipping to some degree!

Hello.

I am in need of new grips and I am not sure what to choose:foam or rubber.

Can someone explain the advantages and disadvantages of each type?

Or is it only a personal preference for every rider?

I would also like to know if there is a solution to the sweat ''problem''

I ride with gloves but my hands sweat and I can get enough grip with the handlebars.

During my last rides I noticed that my hands were slipping from my handlebars, especially at sidehops and other moves that you need to lift the bike with the hands.

I'm going to replace my current gloves with these:Try-All Gloves

and also get some new grips...

Any advice appreciated.

Many thanks

Try some climbers chalk, you can get it for a few quid from most outdoor shops.

Its one of those subjects thats really down to personal opinion, regarding the size of your hands and how hard they are. The only way to know is to find out for yourself, just try both for a substantial amount of time (Y)

How are people ensuring their Trialtech foams don't slip?

im guessing they're using the old hairspray/spray paint down em?

im on the halfords foam grips. so bloody cheap. to be honest though, if youre always gna wear gloves go for rubber ones, as theyre a bit more durable (Y)

Its one of those subjects thats really down to personal opinion, regarding the size of your hands and how hard they are. The only way to know is to find out for yourself, just try both for a substantial amount of time (Y)

+1 to finding out for yourself.

trial tech foam grips best foams ever made EVER!

Very true! I have used trialtech grips for a long time, they are awsome.

Although i have just recieved some echo ruber grips from tarty (brilliant service like normal :P) and they are very nice.

It is a good idea to wear gloves with rubber grips as yur hand tend to sip on the bars if you dont wear any. But IMO i hate wearing gloves.

I would say go with foams much comfier with or without gloves.

Ginger Allen

This is for the dude who is having problems with his trial tech foams.....

mine dont slip at all.....they are hard to put on and to take off.......i dont use any hair spray or nowt.....

Dont know if anyone here has tried this ...but its easily the best way to stop any grips moving

Are you ready

TAR (Y)

Dave