Perfection Is A Beautiful Thing!

monkeyseemonkeydo

It is a good thing that Danny Mac is ridding one of does other ways no one would consider of getting one really...

People have wanted them regardless of Danny riding one, they're great frames (but they're not steel and are too long for my liking :P )

Get over it , its a trials bike not some Antiques Roadshow piece.

The problem was that it was brand new at the time. If I'd put a dent in it there wouldn't be a problem, but because Ash dented my lovely new frame it kinda sucked. This coming from you who spent two weeks just spraying a set of forks!! :P

Very nice bike ! Love it , is it slightly "inspired" by Danny Macaskill's bike by anychance :P

How dare you. How very dare you. Mine's an original batch white one which I sprayed before Dave even thought of getting them done in blue (possibly)! I also helped to talk Dave into getting the Inspired fork run done in white too to match my bike! I maintain that Danny copied me...

I've cut the bars down a touch to make x-ups less of a problem with my old wrists.

Old wrists??? Come on, i got 1-2 years on u dont go saying people up that end of 20s are old!! Need to tell ourselves age means shit, its how u feel inside lol :)

.........Thats what old people told me

• 2 months later...
Super nice looking bike you got there! I'll be building one up myself when they come back in stock.

What other chain tensioners have you run? I'm trying to decide between sprung or fixed. Have you tried a Rohloff sprung?

Rholoff is kickass as a tensioner, im running one on my fourplay. Only hting is, im running a collapse chain on mine which is a fat ol b*****d, so u gotta remove the 2 cogs on the rohloff and add a thin washer on either side to allow for thr extra chain width. Other than that, they loop perfectly from one cog across to the other with minimal noise or tension.

Super nice looking bike you got there! I'll be building one up myself when they come back in stock.

What other chain tensioners have you run? I'm trying to decide between sprung or fixed. Have you tried a Rohloff sprung?

I've run the Echo fixed tensioner (the one built into the fixed hubs) and am currently running an Atomz sprung. I bought a Rohloff before the Atomz but didn't realise it was incompatible with either the Echo hub or Trialtech fixed I use for street. However, if your setup allows I've only ever heard good things about the Rohloff- really nicely engineered and excellent tension.

They don't really, just they prefer that to a high rise (30-35 degree) stem...

In practice the stem option isn't the same as a 35deg stem long enough to put the bars at an equivalent height would mean a longer reach.

I still think that either having to run a load of spacers/wierd stem makes the design fundamentally flawed. That said, this bike looks awesome!