Dmr Moto Digger Or Dmr Moto Rt

ok thanks, i was thinking of using it (the tyresand bike obv) for street :), i have downhill innertubes aswell, so that should help as well.

Yeah, sounds good (Y). I think the Diggers are a bit more draggy but obviously a bit more grippy in some situations. Don't think I'll be changing from the RT's for a while though.

I have diggers and they are great, but I'd prefer something a little slicker and lighter.

You're best bet are either Moto RT's or Maxxis Holy Rollers. Tioga Comp III's are really light and you might get away with running on the front (John Shrewsbury and myself have both run them before on the fronts) but they are quite narrow (don't believe the 2.125" label) and low air volume too.

Nick I have a set of Moto RT's if you want them ones.

Can sort a price on msn :)

If he doesn't, I might.

What are you asking?

(Don't PM me please, work block my PM's and I have no other internet access for a couple of weeks...)

Cheers!

Thanks for the advice Rhino (Whoever you really are :P), I'll avoid the Tioga's as I like 'em fat!

Schwalbe Racing Ralf has to the be the lightest big volume 24" tyre. Big volume, paper thing side walls, folding bead.

I liked my Tioga Comp Xs, very light and super fast rolling. I've run both Diggers and RTs, and I think the Digger is a better allround tyre. I notice little difference in rolling speed and I prefer the larger volume and deeper tread pattern for trials use.

I'm going to try and go back to racing ralfs again soon.

Just had a look around and for reference:

Moto DT 2.2 720g weighed mine worn down at closer to 600g

Moto Digger 885g weighed mine worn down closer to 750g

Tioga Comp 3 460g

Tioga Comp X mine weighed 650g slightly worn

KHE 2.2 480g

Racing Ralf 2.4 530g acording to swalbe weighed mine about half worn down at 480g

Interesting, the Racing Ralph also appears very reasonable price wise too.

What is the model number of the KHE? Searching KHE 2.2 doesn't bring any fruits...

EDIT: Is it the Mac 2?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models....p;ModelID=27778

That looks like the kind of thing I'm after, but at £36 each possibly out of my budget at the moment (I could afford it, but I can't justify it when I have perfectly good Moto's on currently!)

Edited by MadManMike

Yeh thats the KHE I meant.

If you know where to get Racing Ralf for a good price I'd be very interested. I've only seen them for £35+ each

I did find one for just over £20 yesterday but can't for the life of me now...

I've found Holy Rollers for £15 each though - possible option!