Post A Picture Of Your Pets.

bigamac

• 2 weeks later...

Another bump....

Ive now refilled the locust farm (something killed them all off before xmas) so should soon have lots of little babies again :)

Just rehomed an axolotl, not got any decent photos of him yet but hes an albino leucistic (white with black eyes) and very cute :D

Loks something like this, just in a small plain tank at the moment, going to set him up in a bigger one tonight.

axolotl.jpg

edit: we called him wolverine because he can regenerate really quickly :D

Edited by forteh

Another bump....

Ive now refilled the locust farm (something killed them all off before xmas) so should soon have lots of little babies again :)

Just rehomed an axolotl, not got any decent photos of him yet but hes an albino leucistic (white with black eyes) and very cute :D

Loks something like this, just in a small plain tank at the moment, going to set him up in a bigger one tonight.

axolotl.jpg

edit: we called him wolverine because he can regenerate really quickly :D

You know they say pets look like their owners.......

I've never known what to make of those Ed, I sometimes think there preety cool, but then other times I think they look f**king terrifying :P

Are they Amphibious?

Theyre technically aquatic amphibians as they never transform from the larval stage to full salamander. They live in two lakes in mexico that are fed cold water from glaciers (glaciers in mexico baffles me!), feels really weird, soft but firm at the same time.

Also, if you feed them iodine they continue to grow into something that looks like a newt, rather than a sort of tadpole-thing.

Its not a natural process for them though, a f**kign big newt aswell, hes already 10" long :o I was aware they could be forced to change into salamanders but didnt know how to do it.

You know they say pets look like their owners.......

So I look like a felinesnakegeckolocustaxolotlrabbit monster? :D :D

edit: @tom, how can you consider this terrifying? :P

axolotl.jpg

Edited by forteh

Theres something about the black ones I don't like. Shady bastards.

Why does beardy shit smell soo f**king bad?

HAHA, racist :P

Ive never really encountered beardie shit, fortunately all the snakes are pretty clean smelling, the worst is the corn.

Its not a natural process for them though, a f**kign big newt aswell, hes already 10" long :o I was aware they could be forced to change into salamanders but didnt know how to do it.

metamorphosed_wildtype_axolotl.jpg

I think that's one.

It turns out you have to increase the iodine level in the water by tiny amounts, maybe a couple of PPM, to get them, to do it. Any more and it kills them.

Edited by Revolver

Nice healthy looking beardie you have there :)

Been gove aclimatising with the new tokay miss giggles, managed to find her hiding in a corner and any attempt to poke her out resulted in LOTS of warning croaks and grumbles. Finally she came out of her own accord so I figured on getting her used to the gloves. As soon as Id put my hand in the viv she had leapt 8" from her cork bark just to bite me :D

She soon settled a bit and stopped gaping, as soon as I moved a finger though she went to bite again, oh how I love tokays!

Which POH is it, Dave? They seem to have a fair few in not overly massive viv's a lot of the time. Quite sad to see to be honest.

Oh yeah, turns out Boris our Beardy is female :P

Not to be picky, Davey not Dave. :P

Its Nottingham, Lady bay i believe, where i got my Chinchilla.

Apologies Davey :)

Yeah the one at Castle Marina has a shite load in a 2x2 viv, I know they don't have them for very long due to them being a 'reputable' pet store, but its still wrong. Like when fish stores overstock the f**k out of their tanks. Regardless of how long you expect to have them in your tank for, they should still be treated fairly.