Who Invented Trials

michael danes

don't know bout moto trials but trialsin was started by pedro pi late 70's early 80's useing modified MBX's hence why there called mods.

stocks came around early 90's i think after MTB trials broke away from the triathlon style events where they used one MTB from DH,XC, and Trials.

as far as i know anywho?

Nobody invented trials, it just developed from other sports. As Ali said, from motorcycle trials which is one of the oldest motorcycle sports going.

People can't seem to get their head around the fact that lads in lycra jumping onto huge obsticals is a new thing, however before then they were riding tight sections on very heavy bikes. I don't think you can point out one person to have 'invented it' but you could certainly point out a few people and brands that helped develop it into the mainstream.

And I'm certain moto trials was around before 1910?

Montesa in the late 70s then monty in 1983. they used to look like chopper bikes.

Untrue!

I've seen a trials motorbike from the 50's, It didnt have any rear suspension.

Back then they just rode around tight sections, nothing compared to trials nowadays.

Trials has realy only just kicked off, e.g. A 1970's Yamaha Ty250 could be used for anything, you could put road tyres on it and road gear and its a road bike, because they had a seat you could do trail rides on them. They only lost there seats mid 80's, I dont know if you already knew this, but Im telling you anyway