Old School Competition Tv Show

monkeyseemonkeydo

Ok, so I found the tape today (that's right, VHS kids!) and decided to burn it to DVD and convert to a vid for the computer.

This was the trials section from the first show for a TV program filmed for Channel 5 back in 2001. Commentator is appalling and some of the (my?) riding is too! Vid is over 17 mins long by the way.

Trials-Forum Video -> Full ViewDownloadUpload

Never heard Eddy talk in my life! :giggle:

Well done on the win.

I wonder what all those Scottish riders are doing now?

How did you enter that in the first place Dave? How many riders were there in total?

Would you, or would you not, ride that presenter, without the moustashe?

Edited by Ross McArthur

I wonder what all those Scottish riders are doing now?

How did you enter that in the first place Dave? How many riders were there in total?

Would you, or would you not, ride that presenter, without the moustashe?

Not sure about Daryl and Fraz. Last I heard Daryl was expecting a knock on the door from the Polis for speeding in Edinburgh with no MOT, insurance, license etc and then providing false details!! However, last time I contacted him was when I saw he'd bought a Monty on eBay so he's still about. Fraz signed up on here last year sometime but don't think he ever posted. I emailed him a while back and he's working for some advertising company I think. He'd got himself a 24" I think and was trying to get back into riding too.

I heard about it through an MBUK email list thing and thought 'what the hell' and entered. They even paid for our flights down :giggle:. I think there were about 100 riders there each day (there were 3 trials shows, I was on the first).

Presenter was pretty fit to be fair, but Daley Thompson?! Legend! :D

Edit: That's Fraz but yeah he never posted.

Edit2: And Daryl maintained that his crash was completely deliberate because he knew he wouldn't be able to do the first bit!

thats wierd as foooooooooooook, i was talking to my mate a few weeks ago about me watching this lol..

its was on challenge about 2-3weeks ago? lol

makes me lauggggh, but still is pretty good.. think they should make a new one? haah.

xxxxxxxx

Iain Cooper - Anal Teflon? Looks and sounds like him anyway.

Your brakes were not good in them days. :P

ha ha ha ha Nar i'm not Ian Cooper he's from the other side of the Mersey. We might talk similar but the biggest difference is in the "O's"

Anal Teflon = Alon Felton, or at least thats what I always assumed.

Rich

Alan Felton actually ha ha.

Edit: Forgot to even say anything about the video. I love the one with Ashton on. When he lands on the last platform the puff flash puff flash bang scares the shit out of him and he pulls a proper mongey face with the spazy hands and everything ha ha ha ha.

Well done Dave that was a fairly tricky course (I know I couldn't do it now) you are my hero.

Edited by Al_Fel