You're Worthless.

Dr. Nick Riviera

without humans there wouldn't really be the concept of 'beauty', would there?

If a tree falls in the woods... yada yada. You know what I mean- If there were no humans and you were an alien, or a photon or a quark or whatever you care to be passing by, from the observers point of view the planet would be in a far better state than it is with our impact.

I'm sorry but if you havn't noticed already God doesn't exist. It's a nice story but you're wasting your time arguing about it.

Anyway, interesing! I've never seen our galaxy compared like that before. I knew we were small but that really puts it into perspective. There HAS to be something else out there.

without humans there wouldn't really be the concept of 'beauty', would there?

How do you know that ?

If a tree falls in the woods... yada yada. You know what I mean- If there were no humans and you were an alien, or a photon or a quark or whatever you care to be passing by, from the observers point of view the planet would be in a far better state than it is with our impact.

The quote marks were there for a reason, bitchtits.

Think about it.

According to some we are meerly a complex form of bacteria. Looking down at our concrete cities from a helicopter or something could easily be related to patches of disgusting mould feeding off the earth which gives off smoke and leaks sewage, and multiplies.

I wonder what Sirius is made from? it seems so bright compared to other stars.

Spider Lads on the money. Beauty is a human experience following on from a human perception of some 'thing', be it sound, sight, touch, etc. To think that beauty exists independent of a perceiver/reactor is a common misconception that arises from the grammatical structure of our language which suggests certain reactions/experiences exist in the thing you perceive. The statement, "the tree is beautiful" suggests that the tree possesses the quality of beauty but in actual fact, beauty is what we feel of the tree. It would make more sense, in terms of the reality of the situation, to say, "i feel beauty of the tree".

Charlie you pessimist, haha. Worth? Awe I think!

The potential of a god having created our universe doesn't have to be considered only in Christian terms. There may be a god/gods that nobody has a name for that played a role. But then there may not be. These aren't things that people should really be able to say with much confidence.

The potential of a god having created our universe doesn't have to be considered only in Christian terms. There may be a god/gods that nobody has a name for that played a role. But then there may not be. These aren't things that people should really be able to say with much confidence.

Your final statement kind of contradicts what you say about beauty; the whole theory of anything humans could understand as being god/gods is surely also purely a human invention.

Edit: Just read that back and it makes no sense as it is my opinion that god is a human creation whereas beauty definitely is. Ignore me and my anti-religion propaganda :P.

Your final statement kind of contradicts what you say about beauty; the whole theory of anything humans could understand as being god/gods is surely also purely a human invention.

Certainly it gets affected by human conception, but there is a system of belief, typically eastern, that believes god can be realised in the absence of conception (and thus language). I subscribe to an "atheism in the name of god" so basically to talk of god can only miss god. Ultimately I'm still an agnostic because I don't have a clue what the f**k is going on. Placed into an idea, for lack of a better form of communicating it, god is existence in its infinite (I prefer afinite) totality. Existence as a prerequisite for humans 'being', cannot be a human construct.

Basically, if god came before we did, or if we are god, in the sense of everything is god, then we can realise god without god being a construct. It's only when we try to personify god that we turn god into a construct.

Certainly it gets affected by human conception, but there is a system of belief, typically eastern, that believes god can be realised in the absence of conception (and thus language). I subscribe to an "atheism in the name of god" so basically to talk of god can only miss god. Ultimately I'm still an agnostic because I don't have a clue what the f**k is going on. Placed into an idea, for lack of a better form of communicating it, god is existence in its infinite (I prefer afinite) totality. Existence as a prerequisite for humans 'being', cannot be a human construct.

Basically, if god came before we did, or if we are god, in the sense of everything is god, then we can realise god without god being a construct. It's only when we try to personify god that we turn god into a construct.

you make me feel worthless

I'm a Christian, yet sometimes I doubt God myself.

I always ask myself, if God is real, why does he let me get upset, and why is it he lets all bad things happen in the world. Deep down, I think I believe in God because I always need some sort of release, and when I've got no one else to talk to, I feel I can talk to God, and I always feel better for doing so.

I believe in the creation story and such. Me and Dave (mrkoxx) had a rather in depth conversation about God once.