Echo Sl Forks

Mtchell

If I got Trialtechs, I'd have to get a bigger rotor though, and I don't really want a 200, 180 is a great compromise between bite and modulation I find.

It'll be ages until i bother to change them, (unless I snap them), I'm not riding much recently and I've got other stuff to save up for.

Hi

Just snapped echo forks by rolling , yes just rolling up 2 pallets :giggle:

At first was funny and saw this as an achievement but now i can't ride plus i,m stuck on how to go about getting them replaced from tarty ?

I have the invoice and only bought the forks in december as a gift (From the Misses)

Any Advice anyone?

picture281.jpg

Its was only saturday at leeds ride one guy was saying that he reckoned they would snap "JINX" Lol

A bit off topic but what rim is that? And where did you get them? My mate is looking for purple rims.

On topic though, the same mate had the sl forks, and they flexed loads! But he swapped them for some viz curved blades, which was a good investment in my opinion :P

It seems to me that the main problem with Deng forks atm is the material (or the lack of), it must be a pretty cheap grade of 6061 for people to be breaking them so quickly!

I don't see how so many people thought they would actually hold up to heavy use considering people also like to kill Urbans. :S

Yeah that's a generalisation.

Which are stiffer, Viz or Trialtech? Thinking replacing mine soon, they're so flexy. (Echo somethings, the 07 silver curved ones. The light ones.)

Aren't VIZ like Atomz, and aren't Trialtechs improved Atomz forks?

If so, I'd go for Trialtechs. Mine are really stiff, something I personally don't like but in the long run it's the better option.

Echo Super shites

Thats what they are, GU's forks came today and i was at work what a Tw@t <_<

Julius Czar

Its a try all rim and sprayed it myself pearlessent purple got it mixed at autoshop paints got RAL number if you need it mate

noooooooo!!

my SL'S SNAPPED TOO!!!

WANK!! SAME SPOT AS EVERYONE ELSE'S.

WELDING IS SHITE!!!

INSPECTED THE INSIDE OF THE TUBE AND THE WELDING HAS BURNT THROUGH THE SIDE WALL.

CHEAP, MANUFACTURED IN MONGOLIA OR CHINA!!!

I WHEELIE HOPPED THE ROCK IN FRONT OF MY BIKE AND THEN SLID DOWN DUE TO GRIP, AS I SLID THE FORKS FOLDED AND THEN SNAPPED!!!

AND TO EVERYONE WHOSE TALKING ABOUT "WARRANTY", IN THE UK ANY MANUFACTURER IS SUPPOSED TO PROVIDE A YEARS WARRANTY.

OBVIOUSLY THIS DOESN'T INCLUDE MISS USE, BUT I'M SURE NONE OF YOU HAVE MISUSED YOUR FORKS, BECAUSE THEY SNAP WHEN YOU RIDE UP A KERB!!!

ECHO SL FORKS: -

SH**E

W**K

S**t

S***Y

CRAP

POO

BO**OCKS

FULL OF TOSS

YELLOW BELLY WELDS

MADE BY A 2ft CHINESE KID (AGE OF 3)

MADE IN A SHED (OUT OF THE SHED ROOF) (WOOD)

F**K THE CHEAP LABOUR, BRING BACK THE PRODUCTION TO THE EMPIRE!!!

PICTURES!!!

post-21316-1239821382_thumb.jpg

post-21316-1239821370_thumb.jpg

post-21316-1239821444_thumb.jpg

AND TO EVERYONE WHOSE TALKING ABOUT "WARRANTY", IN THE UK ANY MANUFACTURER IS SUPPOSED TO PROVIDE A YEARS WARRANTY.

OBVIOUSLY THIS DOESN'T INCLUDE MISS USE, BUT I'M SURE NONE OF YOU HAVE MISUSED YOUR FORKS, BECAUSE THEY SNAP WHEN YOU RIDE UP A KERB!!!

Dude, See that button below tab on your keyboard, thats only to be used at the beggining of a sentence...

Anyways, seeing as your trying to prove a point, I shall correct you a little, seeing as the Echo SL forks along with Dengs other models and styles, are not manufactured in the UK and only sold in the UK, he does not have to provide the full 12 months warranty.

Edited by Otacon

Dude, See that button below tab on your keyboard, thats only to be used at the beggining of a sentence...

Anyways, seeing as your trying to prove a point, I shall correct you a little, seeing as the Echo SL forks along with Dengs other models and styles, are not manufactured in the UK and only sold in the UK, he does not have to provide the full 12 months warranty.

Dont matter where they are made mate, if he trades in the uk then he must abide by uk trading laws!

Homework mate.....www.tradingstandards.gov.uk :P

Dont matter where they are made mate, if he trades in the uk then he must abide by uk trading laws!

Homework mate.....www.tradingstandards.gov.uk :P

You're obviously a little confused, I'm sure a company as big and succesful as Tartybikes, are not going to sell a product that has the incorrect warrenty on it, on top of all this, if i remember rightly, Dengs frames and i *think* koxx frames also come with 6 months warrenty aswell.

Edited by Otacon

Well tarty are giving me my money no 2 ways about it

And the lad whos saying uk trading laws means 12 month warranty i think he maybe right you know

In this nanny state of today it sounds quite reasonable :-

I'd go the standard echo lites, nice basic and simple fork.

Strength to weight ratio is good, and they won't cost you an arm and a leg either.

I compared them with my mates SL forks, the actual leg on the SL is much thinner, a lot less metal there, really they should just take the normal Lite forks and drill the same holes the SL has, forget the idea of using less material.

No offense to the topic starter, but i saw his vid and he did nothing to the front wheel or any kind of harsh riding what so ever, how the hell can a fork like this brake with a rider who's been riding for 6 months it's crazy!

Because they're tripe. :giggle:

I'd go for Viz forks, one of my mates has them, they're immense forks. They flex a little bit like Echo Lites, but they feel much springier which I love, so much nicer than Lites to ride on!

I've been watching this thread since it was started. People seem surprised that they snap? Put your hands up.

*hand up*

Deng forks have always done me proud, I know they were light but this brittle is mad, the flex when I was trackstanding Joes was enough to make me get off it and not dare go near it again lol seeing as hes a gay bmx'er (on a trials bike mind) he will be fine. I don't think its even a case of the DOB forks, where people who didn't go to front massivly or do hooks could run them in safety these are just plain dangerous!

You two need to go back to school. Koxx forks being weak…..pffff. They are one of the best forks out there.

I'm afraid due to you being on the wrong side of the Atlantic your opinion is invalid.

As I've already said... Trialtech! I've been running my Inspired forks (same manufacturing techniques used as for the TT's) for 9-10 months now I think and they're so stiff and strong I don't think I'd ever bother using anything other than Trialtech or Inspireds again.

Well put GU's forks on

And...there quite good feel along stronger than the echo's but downside heavier but bike feels that tad big longer so good all round.

let you know what happens with then echos tomorrow about returning and what not