Show Me Your Zoot!

Guantanamo

What stem is that? looking to get a new stem for mine (trialtech sport forged) want to what other people have got and see how they find their Zoot's ride with them.

Thanks

Hi, it's a Simtra ReSyStem: 115mm x 15°. I've since changed to an Easton EA50 90mm x 20° though to give a more streety feel.

Edit: http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....236&hl=zoot

Mine's a bit different now... CK hub, HiFi forks etc... but there's a few for you to look at.

Thanks buddy. I'll be sure to post mine as soon as it's painted and built up. Looks like you've got a fairly long stem on there, how does that feel? I keep asking about stems and bars as this is my first trials bike, i ride a bmx at the moment.

Thanks again

Adam

Thanks buddy. I'll be sure to post mine as soon as it's painted and built up. Looks like you've got a fairly long stem on there, how does that feel? I keep asking about stems and bars as this is my first trials bike, i ride a bmx at the moment.

Thanks again

Adam

If you're used to a BMX I'd say get a nice short stem, like maximum 90mm, and some high rise bars to help you to lift the front end. Will help it from feeling totally alien when you start riding.

I must say, that I've not really got my head around this whole stem length and angle of rise issue. I understand the geometry of it, but not the practicality of choice in usage of the 24". I know a lot has to do with body size, bike geo, wheelbase, style of riding, comfort and such. But in layman's terms, if I wanted to ride TGS on a 24", what stem geo would help? Or, like myself, what if a more 'streety' BMX style (spins, manuals, bunnyhops) is prefered? Or a middle ground between the two? I've read some conflicting 'search' posts recently and would appreciate some solid advice.

I hope you can clear the mist. :S

middleageman.

Edit: Oh yeah, also how much would each stem choice affect the choice of bar rise?

Cheers.

Edited by middleageman

Basically, the shorter and higher the bar/stem setup, the easier it is to pull up the front end while moving forwards. This is useful for more streety moves such as manuals, bunnyhops and spins. For more TGS type riding you tend to want a longer, lower setup which helps with taps etc but also gives you more room for wheel swaps etc.

To give you ball park figures, a streety setup would be a stem less than 100mm, probably with a good 15-20 degree rise combined with fairly high rise bars (50mm+). A more traditional trials setup would involve a slightly longer stem, probably around the 110-115mm mark with less of a rise (10-15 degrees) and with standard trials type riser bars (think TrialTech/Monty etc).

Basically, the shorter and higher the bar/stem setup, the easier it is to pull up the front end while moving forwards. This is useful for more streety moves such as manuals, bunnyhops and spins. For more TGS type riding you tend to want a longer, lower setup which helps with taps etc but also gives you more room for wheel swaps etc.

To give you ball park figures, a streety setup would be a stem less than 100mm, probably with a good 15-20 degree rise combined with fairly high rise bars (50mm+). A more traditional trials setup would involve a slightly longer stem, probably around the 110-115mm mark with less of a rise (10-15 degrees) and with standard trials type riser bars (think TrialTech/Monty etc).

Ahhh! This is what I needed to read. Thank you. (Y)

If I may ask more? As i'm still new to 'traditional' Trials moves and techniques, is this stem choice (longer length, lower rise) due to being static?

Or maybe body position over the front hub? Or balance on the back wheel? Please forgive my ignorance. :- I welcome your replies.

i got my zoot last week won it on ebay frame fork headset and cranks £35

im not sure what the rims are i think there upgrade rims there anlmost like sun rynos but there wider bars are good nice rise and sweep up and back

Edited by matt_urban

I'll be doing a mix of both TGS and Street so would I be wanting to go for something 100-110mm with around 15* rise coupled with some bars like Trialtech risers or the rockman risers?

Personally speaking, I can see this Trials lark emptying my wallet on a monthly basis!

...hmmm... :closedeyes: maybe I should buy some new bars and stem? Or maybe some grippier pedals? Perhaps my rear hub will let me down?

Should I have chosen a rear maggie/front disc instead of V-brakes? I could go on.............and on..............and on.....................

Maybe I should stop asking questions, fit my brakes, get out and ride and find out for myself! :D

But of course, thanks for everyone's help, I'm loving the Forum. Good Luck Guantanamo!

24. You know the score.

middleageman.

Personally speaking, I can see this Trials lark emptying my wallet on a monthly basis!

...hmmm... :closedeyes: maybe I should buy some new bars and stem? Or maybe some grippier pedals? Perhaps my rear hub will let me down?

Should I have chosen a rear maggie/front disc instead of V-brakes? I could go on.............and on..............and on.....................

Maybe I should stop asking questions, fit my brakes, get out and ride and find out for myself! :D

But of course, thanks for everyone's help, I'm loving the Forum. Good Luck Guantanamo!

24. You know the score.

middleageman.

Ain't that the truth, not even got my trials bike yet and I'm spending money on it!

Thanks MIddleman

• 3 weeks later...
I'll be getting my Zoot in a couple of weeks. Should be getting it sprayed, white with black forks, and replacing the bars and forks with some trialtech goodies. Would like to see other peoples Zoots too!

Thanks

Guantanamo

Probably going all white now, didn't manage to get the parts i wanted second hand so have gone with monty 211ti bars (white) and a resystem stem (white) instead. I'll put up pics and spec sheet when she's with be and as I want her. Was thinking lime green frame with the white forks, bars, stem but my bash ring is orange/gold and I can't get it off my cranks!

Guantanamo