Would You Like A New Orange Zero?

Ali C

I don't understand people replying in here wanting new geo on a classic frame, that wouldn't be a Zero. You lot have plenty of long bikes with silly BB rise to choose from. The old Zero was brilliant, all it needs is a little more tyre clearence and beefing up on the BB area.

(Y)

And Jimbo, the original geo was 1025 wb, not sure on head angle but it was really slack meaning very short reach, same wheelbase as a zebdi, but it rode completely different.

I reckon i've had 6-7 of each in the last 5-6 years

Leon

Would love to see orange back on the scene...especially with the new and improved ideas they are likely to be able to come up with compared to when they released the zero.

GO on ali son, make sure they have a current styled geometry though.

1085 - 1090mm

72 HA

+30 - +40 bb

380cs

and not stupidly light, because that generally means no strength, and no warranty. 1.8 - 2kg would be perfect.

then get a street model with 24 inch trials geo.

exactly like the old ET. best 24" geo ever

1085 1090

so precise!

so precise that 200 other people may want 1080...........................

i like the fact that in Britain when most companies like Ashton, Pashley, Leeson and Orange make bikes people get so passionate about them they nearly always become cult bikes, cant think of many older riders who haven't had at least on of these brands of bike.

Amen to that!

I'd love to see a slightly tweaked version of the original, all this chat about turning it into a tgs machine is just wrong!

If they could make it again and just tweak the problems it had, and give the geo a very very slight update (i.e 0 bb instead of a drop) then they'd be onto a winner. There's nothing out there if you're after a streety 26", which is a real shame - it's one of the main reasons i went 24".

In all my discussions with Orange at the time (I had some input into the development, along with Petr Kraus and Kris Leeson, and also wrote all the marketing words for it) they were adamant it had a 74 degree head angle. I've never quite believed it, but it had a reputation for having a slacker head angle than may actually have been true. I was certainly asked if I wanted to go to the factory and have it proved for me...

Amen to that!

I'd love to see a slightly tweaked version of the original, all this chat about turning it into a tgs machine is just wrong!

If they could make it again and just tweak the problems it had, and give the geo a very very slight update (i.e 0 bb instead of a drop) then they'd be onto a winner. There's nothing out there if you're after a streety 26", which is a real shame - it's one of the main reasons i went 24".

It didn't have a bb drop, the only issue was the tyre clearance, it should have had a yoke like a zebdi. Other than that it was a proper street riders dream. You can set up maguras fine with 2 bolt mounts especially now with the evo 2 mounts so 4 bolt mounts just means more idiots stripping threads, plus some people wanna use v brakes without scummy v adapters hanging off 4 bolt mounts.

The kids of today aren't gonna care about the old zero they just want another long gay thing to sidehop on.

Seat, v mounts, decent frame size so using a seat is worthwhile.

If it's gonna end up as just another long low thing make sure they call it something else, I don't think the original zero would be impressed.

[attachment=32946:DSCF00003.JPG

good work on gettin the idea going ali, .. maybe we can all contribute a bit more directly - its easy to ignore 1 person, alot harder to ignore a whole market.

either a petition of people interested (and more?) in a new orange zero frame... or perhaps we should all start emailing them asking when they doing an updated zero??

its just a suggestion.

personally as with shrewsbury on geo. a short street bike with a saddle would be awesome and would allow them to use similar design to the zero/hitman.

danny.

Edited by streetjibs