New I Pod Shuffle

Davetrials

I don't see the point in it now really either. I'm pretty sure they could just integrate the shuffles hardware into a set of headphones and be done with the unit completely if they're going to do that. It would be far more appealing to have a set of 'phone with the shuffle built in than to be running that thing.

I don't see the point in it now really either. I'm pretty sure they could just integrate the shuffles hardware into a set of headphones and be done with the unit completely if they're going to do that. It would be far more appealing to have a set of 'phone with the shuffle built in than to be running that thing.

it is 4bg though...

saying that so is a 4gb memory card, there pretty small :P

Actually looking at one in real life next to the old one, its no smaller just slightly longer so it looks thinner, I do think its a good idea though, the apple headphones are good enough for what people would use a shuffle for like going to the gym, jogging, riding or whatever and the fact that it talks to you and tells you what playlist your opening and stuff is cool to, plus its cheaper/easier to replace the headphones if the controls break than it is to replace the actual ipod so yeah, its pretty much win. (Y)

Actually looking at one in real life next to the old one, its no smaller just slightly longer so it looks thinner, I do think its a good idea though, the apple headphones are good enough for what people would use a shuffle for like going to the gym, jogging, riding or whatever and the fact that it talks to you and tells you what playlist your opening and stuff is cool to, plus its cheaper/easier to replace the headphones if the controls break than it is to replace the actual ipod so yeah, its pretty much win. (Y)

how often do controls break?

ill admit the controls look fairly kool to use, i personally think the new shuffle is great, it just seems a bit drastic to be doing away with all the controls..

it is 4bg though...

saying that so is a 4gb memory card, there pretty small :P

Yea, that's what I was thinking - the 8gb card I have in my phone is about the size of a 5p piece. Obviously there's a logic board in there too but it wouldn't be too hard to just shrink that down. Place the volume controls on the left earpiece and the skip controls on the right so that they are both easy to reach et voila.

Job in the Apple ideas department please?

The new Nanos are tiny, who'd buy one of these over a Nano?

I've got an 80gb 5th gen, or 6th gen...... It's a Classic anyway. :P It's small, thin, easily fits in my pocket along with my wallet, and it has a huge amount of storage space, and the screen is big and clear enough to watch videos on. Winner. (Y)

Yea, that's what I was thinking - the 8gb card I have in my phone is about the size of a 5p piece. Obviously there's a logic board in there too but it wouldn't be too hard to just shrink that down. Place the volume controls on the left earpiece and the skip controls on the right so that they are both easy to reach et voila.

Job in the Apple ideas department please?

Maybe having the bits inside the idpod that work the controls, take up more space than you think..

I can imagine that being an amazing mp3 player for riding with.

Maybe having the bits inside the idpod that work the controls, take up more space than you think..

I can imagine that being an amazing mp3 player for riding with.

Yea I think they probably do at the moment, but they are probably made that big because smaller components cost more. I reckon that if I could spare the time/be bothered I could find the components that would make it possible. It's bound to cost more than the current shuffle, but it would be so much more desirable.

So yea - this shuffle (N)

Really? Hours of fun changing song names there... "you are listening to: 'Pigs Anus' by the Homophobic Japanese Womens' Guild".

And by the time the bint has read that out to you, you probably would have recognised the song anyways. I wouldnt be able to live with a screenless mp3 player.

To be honest i love my little older (the square one before this) shuffle. I also have an 80gb classic but still use the shuffle quite alot. I automatically autofill it from my computer so new music whenever i use it. It's kinda refreshing to not pick a song and just see what comes up, brings back old songs you love or sometimes you just get tthe right some for your mood that you wouldn't have thought of.

Or you can just fill it with the same music and leave it like that, the times when i've done that for a few weeks i've learnt to navigate round the tracks effortlessly just by whacking it on shuffle, pressing skip a few times till it comes to a track fromn an artist near the one i want alphabetically, switch it to non-shuffle and then go forward/back to track. Sounds alot of effort but is pretty quick all things considered.

I'm not so keen on the whole, 'it speaks to you' thing, but don't knock the idea of a shuffle as a cheap, second mp3 for riding etc :)

I got quite good at navigating through the music like this.

I've got a nano now though, my shuffle became corrupt. I don't like this new one, what if you want to use some better headpnones?

The shuffle is the rider's best ipod though. There's nothing on it to break, really, and its so small you're hardly likely to hit it on anything.

I agree with the fact that ipod headphones are SHITE.

My 15 quid skull candys are 100000000x better. I don't listen to anything else. I'd prefer to sit there listening to nothing than to use shite headphones.

Can't stand my friends, no separation between treble and mids, make everything sound flat. I know a lot of headphones have that issue, but Apple's offering are by no means the worst.

If you just have playlists that you listen to while riding or doing sport, like I do then its a good idea.

Bit of clever marketing having to use your own headphone, people will still buy them though.

And skull candys are shockingly awful.