What Gearing For A 24"?

ding_dong

as it says, i am in the process of ordering the rest of my stuff off tarty but dont know what rear cog i need, on my stock i ran 18, 16 and i would like to keep it arround the same ratio but am i right in guessing the different size in wheel means id need a smaler cog on the rear?? please help.

another thing what tyres you running?

i have a sum random 3" wide knobly as frick thing for the rear but not sure what to run on front, thinking a dmr moto digger?

what you other 24" dudes running?

Edited by ding_dong

I use 22:18. Get on with it rather well. What would the rear sproket tooth need to be if I was running 18 up front?

And as for tyres, I'm using a DMR Moto Digger 2.2 on the front, and a 2.5 Kenda Blue Groove at the rear.

I use 18:14 on my 24'' and i find that a nice compromise. I started with 18:15 and it was just far too easy. WIth 18:14 you can still get some ''ok'' speed for park flowing lines but its also not hellish for slower more traditional trials moves. It is heavyish but very usable and you will adapt in no time.

I use a kenda blue groove on the back of my bike and its great for puncture resitance - not sooo great for rolling profile. Got a dmr moto digger on the fr4ont which isbetter for rolling but fairly awful for getting punctures. I'd be inerested in trying out holy rollers when my tyres die out...

I run a Tioga slick jobbie on the front, cant remember what its called but it feels as stiff as a mating stalion.

I used to run a 2.5 maxxis high roller on the rear but have now went for a DMR Motto RT and it rolls so much quicker. Feels solid enough too.

I used to run a 22 17 ratio but now have opted for a 22 19 as it suits what im riding more at the moment.

Vid soon.

Running 18:14 on the Inspired. I have the option of a 15 and a 13 if needs be for anything much, though I tend not to use them as 18:14 seems to be a pretty sweet all rounder

Tyre-wise, Moto Diggers F&R, 2.35" or something, never got a puncture in them on this bike and only ever got one when I ran them before (Y)