Marino 24"er (dual-vee)

zoster

Yeh if all you want to ride is like TGS :S if you ride as its intended to be ridden then it feels pretty good..

I own one.

I don't find it's very good for street at all. Quite difficult to maneuver. The handlebar would need to be extremely high in order for the front end to not feel low as the bottom bracket is so high. I don't think 24" bikes should go any higher than +20, +10 to +15 is ideal IMO.

The WB is too short and the bb is too high. Makes for an awkward riding bike. Try the geo I mentioned (Y)

You said 1015mm wheelbase. 24Uk's are longer than that aren't they? Thought they were 1020-25mm. I just want to have a bike that can mix it up at the skatepark and ride trials and also part commuter.

The 24uk has around a +25mm BB, which feels spot on with the rest of the geo. Remember that an inch or so of that is just making up the difference between a 24" and 26" bike...

Great riding bikes, would have hung on to mine a little longer if my riding style (if you can call it that) was more suited

The 24uk has around a +25mm BB, which feels spot on with the rest of the geo. Remember that an inch or so of that is just making up the difference between a 24" and 26" bike...

Great riding bikes, would have hung on to mine a little longer if my riding style (if you can call it that) was more suited

Well, I've never ridden a 24", so it will be an adventure. I hope I'll get the hang of it though. No one around here has one that's the issue with trying one.

You said 1015mm wheelbase. 24Uk's are longer than that aren't they? Thought they were 1020-25mm. I just want to have a bike that can mix it up at the skatepark and ride trials and also part commuter.

I quoted the geo from the original post. Not 24uk geo.

24uk is 1025, +25, 385, 73. I think that it doesn't hurt at all to run a short chainstay on a 24" bike, especially if you want it to be park worthy. Something like 370 would be fine. For a more trials worthy appeal, 380 is what I'd go with. 385 seems a bit long for a 24" wheel.

I don't like +25 bb because you have to run ridiculously high handlebars to make up for the added bb height. +25 is good for a TGS bike, but not for a streety trials ride. It wouldn't be as bad if the length were a little longer, like in the case with Inspireds. But even with those, you have to run a really high bar. Check out the Reset geometry, that looks really nice IMO.

Edited by Jason222

I quoted the geo from the original post. Not 24uk geo.

24uk is 1025, +25, 385, 73. I think that it doesn't hurt at all to run a short chainstay on a 24" bike, especially if you want it to be park worthy. Something like 370 would be fine. For a more trials worthy appeal, 380 is what I'd go with. 385 seems a bit long for a 24" wheel.

I don't like +25 bb because you have to run ridiculously high handlebars to make up for the added bb height. +25 is good for a TGS bike, but not for a streety trials ride. It wouldn't be as bad if the length were a little longer, like in the case with Inspireds. But even with those, you have to run a really high bar. Check out the Reset geometry, that looks really nice IMO.

The +25mm BB on the 24uk is far from "high BB", and feels much the same as a +0ish stock, the front end needn't be much higher at all than on a comparable stock. With your logic, surely a BMX would have a similar BB rise (drop) to a dirt/park MTB.

I rode the GoodBoy frame in LDN a few weeks back which has a shorter back end and it was hideously prone to looping out. Obviously hopping off my bike onto that won't help, but still. A few mm here and there can make a HUGE difference to the ride of a bike, and without riding many different examples it's hard to say what orks and what doesn't just by looking at numbers

• 10 months later...

pretty old thread, but thats a nice bike you have (and a very intresting geo)...

... what transmission are you running and whats the stem geo? I'll get a similar frame, so that would be intresting :)

Edited by siede.

The marino looks perfect. So the chain tensioners work good? I like the idea behind them a lot. Kind of like the new Control's tensioners.

That tensioner system if thats what you want to call it is utter s****.. I built mine up last year and within the first couple of pedal kicks they snapped right off the frame.. There is just too much pressure going to that small part.

That tensioner system if thats what you want to call it is utter s****.. I built mine up last year and within the first couple of pedal kicks they snapped right off the frame.. There is just too much pressure going to that small part.

yes, it is (utter crap that is). i actually wrote this somewhere on this forum. i think i was the first one to ask for this, after seeing some bmx frame that had a similar design, but it didn't work out at all. i ended up a Gusset chain tug that seems to do it's job, but if i were to make another order, i'd probably go with vertical dropouts.

Edited by zoster