Eno Lockring Alternative?

TheChai

Hi guys,

Has anyone found a decent alternative for the eno lockring? one that doesnt get threaded as easily? Would an ACS or any other freewheel lockring fit? ( before i start buying mulitple ones and taking them apart) or a nut of some sort? i would really prefer if it didnt have anything to do with permanent welding.

Any help would be great, Trying to service my ENO is proving far too costly =(..

Thanks

Andrew

I can usually get mine on ok if I'm careful, but getting them to stay on is a different matter...

Even after supergluing one on it came off after 3 rides :S

No idea how either, as freewheeling tightens it up in effect, and it isn't rubbing on anything.

The design needs to be revamped a bit, theres like 2 threads to hold the lockring on with, its ridiculous.

I always dabbed a bit of bearing lock on the threads (like threadlock but stronger), and then cranked it to the max with a hammer.

Give it a month and it would still come off, but it was better than no bearing lock at all.