Crm's Are Coming Back...

tryallmaster

Can I just say I back up Adam entirely, as a big fan of the old CRMs I'm not one to talk shit about a product just because its the thing to do.

I've bought 3 pairs of pads off Fred Savage, including one pair of ltd edition clear ones.

Every pair were shocking, one wore down within 3 minutes on a worn grind without dragging down a hill, just disintegrated from normal trials use.

I'm not sure you can say they are the same when theres so much evidence to to contrary.

Im with Adam and Nick on this, the only reason i turned away from using the CRM's was purely down to the apparant change in material. One set of pads i used wore from brand new to within 2mm of the backing in 5 minutes of riding! Not even on a fresh grind or through brake dragging, they simply fell to bits! This was not the previous quality that i had been use to from these pads and have since changed.

Trials-forum, everybody needs good trials-forum,

Just a friendly wave each morning, helps to make a better day.

Trials-forum, need to get to know each other, next day is only a footstep away.

Trials-forum, everybody needs good trials-forum,

With a little understanding, you can find a perfect plan.

Trials-forum, should be there for one another.

That's when good trials-forum become good friends.

Trials-forum, need to get to know each other, next door is only a foot step away.

Trials-forum, every body needs good trials-forum,

With a little understanding, you can find the perfect plan.

Trials-forum, should be there for one another,

Excerpts from some of my emails with TNN Engineering regarding the yellow pads pictured in my previous post:

Weird.

Nothing weird about it. It is usually what happens when information is passed third hand....... via edited snippets on forums. TNN has never procured, distributed or otherwise had anything to do with CRM pads to date. I think he made some assumptions that were incorrect. Chris and I have had complete control of compounds since day one. It originates in the USA. When you want fact, it is usually best to go to the source.

Tim are you saying Adam, myself and Rob are lying about the Plazmatic pads bought from Fred Savage?

Do you acknowledge we wanted CRMs, went to a UK distributor, bought some pads labelled as Plazmatic CRMs and found them to be very badly performing and not the same as the original compound?

Tim are you saying Adam, myself and Rob are lying about the Plazmatic pads bought from Fred Savage?

Do you acknowledge we wanted CRMs, went to a UK distributor, bought some pads labelled as Plazmatic CRMs and found them to be very badly performing and not the same as the original compound?

The compound is (and can only be because it is proprietary) made by one manufacturer in the USA..... it is a simple fact that is starting to sound like a broken record. As for your interpretation via leading question, please...that stunt only works in soap opera court room scenes.

The compound is (and can only be because it is proprietary) made by one manufacturer in the USA..... it is a simple fact that is starting to sound like a broken record. As for your interpretation via leading question, please...that stunt only works in soap opera court room scenes.

Are you always so arrogant ?

Dictionary definition of arrogant:

Dictionary definition of arrogant:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/arrogant

I really don't see what one has to do with the other.

Ahem.

Tim, you're not really doing yourself any favours by seemingly trying so hard to alienate yourself directly from your target market. In such a small community, positive attitudes and strong rider-firm relationships are key! As are excellent products..

Whilst I can't comment on any possible differences between any of your pads, is it so hard to rule out that they do exist? Especially given the overwhelming number of people who seem to agree. :)

Mike.

I think whats Adam Griffin's getting at is your complete lack of ability to admit when you're wrong!

Some of the most experienced riders in the UK have told you that you're wrong, for whatever reason your pads compound changed. Whether this is because the company you used supplied dodgy material, or the glue you used did something to them, or somehow they're fakes, but for whatever reason the newer CRMs are NOT the same as the old ones.

Edited by Muel

I'd go with;

"having or showing feelings of unwarranted importance out of overbearing pride"

But maybe that's just me.

But in all seriousness, there are clearly some issues that need addressing, which are just being sidestepped here!

Needless to say I wish you the best of success on the relaunch of the pads.

Tim, stop making an arse of yourself, its not gonna halp your business at all.

You are trying to say that Adam (owner of probably the most respected distributor of trials gear anywhere) has no idea what he is talking about, this is a man that told me the geo of my 4 year old stem straight from memory. It makes no sense to me why you would seemingly alienate this forum just because you dont want your obviously over-inflated ego to take a hit.

I have 2 sets of crms, one of the good batch which are still going after 2 years and will do for longer, and one that lasted me not even a warm up, there is no chance that these are the same compound. I am even willing to send my original decent crms to be tested against the awful excuse that you claim is the same. Surely this would prove that this entire forum is right and you are making a fool of yourself.

You would never catch phat mike talking to customers like that, actually, you wouldnt find him making duff pads in the first place!

Andy B

, actually, you wouldnt find him making duff pads in the first place!

Andy B

That's not really fair.... we dont know whether these duff pads are fake or not; so it's not really fair to try and drag the plaz name through the mud.

I tried a set of plaz pads and thought they were the best id ever used...

That's not really fair.... we dont know whether these duff pads are fake or not; so it's not really fair to try and drag the plaz name through the mud.

I tried a set of plaz pads and thought they were the best id ever used...

Thats a good point and who is the middle man supplying duff pads in all of this?

I also have negative experiences about the new plazz pads. So I had to change back my very old plazmatic because the new one couldn't be used.

If the news have the same compound why they will be unusable as Cookyboy says as well?

It is a little bit strange, isn't it?

Edited by FeriTrial

I've had many a pair of the "real" CRM's and personally think they are a great compound. I've also tested various other so called Plaz pads such as the clear ones and the PMG ones, and they were shocking! Not a patch on the original CRM compound. Adam also showed me the "new" CRM compound and I managed to bite a chunk of the material out!

On the TNN CRM's, I am looking forward to trying them. I had a set of them backings with some harder stuff in that wasn't great in UK conditions, but the backings seemed spot on. If the new ones have the original CRM compound in, then they should be great.

i never tried crm or the ltd ones but sounds to me like theres been a mix up in the materials the old crms wer godd then the ltd ones come and they are awful and the newe crms are awful coinsedince?

How did you get validated again luke?

I have been on a coupled of bikes with CRM's and im presuming its the old CRM's cause they were very good :) If fake CRM's are on the go maybe a change in CRM colour may be a consideration. Because If there are fake ones on the go this could mean Plazmatic will lose its good name even though its not the companies fault.

Just buy from a reputable company and you wont get fakes.

But If the "new" ones are coming into tarty then where will you get the real ones from? But IF there are fakes on the go plazmatic are going to lose their rep aswell! to be honest I have always run koxx pads so I dont know the difference between the old and the new. I have run the spanish fly V pads and loved them! Sold them on aswell and think they are still going!

"New CRMs" have got nothing on the old ones. Maybe it's something to do with colouring pigment, glue, manufacturing conditions, i don't know, but there is a difference. My old ones have lasted me about a year, and they were passed on to me from someone who'd had them a lot longer than that.