Holiday Plans, please Could You Help As I Cant Decide

Gogz-

As the title says holiday plans, please could you help as I cant decide were to go. I will give you a quick rundown of what iv got so far.

Going in august

I'm thinking of going to a coastal town in the south west of the uk ( good natural, street and people)

Thinking of staying in a caravan site (as b&b's can get moody about you knocking on the door at 1am)

If any one has any ideas to help me sort where is a good place to go and some were to stay that's not 20 miles away from the ridding

Additional info i should have a car by then. saying that if I'm not then i cant go lol.

Edited by Gogz-

Try Galway in the West of Ireland - loads of rocks on the coast to play on, some class street stuff around the city and everything is within walking distance... There's one trials rider living there too and the cops give no harassment provided you don't cycle on the pedestrian streets...

Only problem is Ireland hasn't seen a summer in the past 2 years :(...

Does any one live or have ridden Plymouth ,weymouth, bournemouth, Newquay or penance?

I know Newquay is a nice place but as far as i can remember there is sweet fa there.

Newquay isn't really a nice place, bit of a shit hole really! Best riding is Cligga head that is less than 10 miles away.

Plymouth is really good for street riding, with a bit of natural on the seafront. 40 mins outside of Plymouth gets you to some of the best natural in the UK, Dartmoor.

If you want the proper camping holiday vibe and some awesome riding I'd say you can't go wrong with West Bay, Bridport, Dorset. Lovely little fishing town with a couple of nearby campsites, and some freakin' awesome street and natural riding. Theres also a couple of nice little bars and shops in the town and if you want a night out Bridport is only a £5 taxi drive away. Also, Portland Bill, arguably the best natural spot in the UK, is about 20miles away (and considering you're coming from Kent, you could stop there either on the way or the way back).

Dartmoor and Plymouth are also nice aswell :)

Rich

Does any one live or have ridden Plymouth ,weymouth, bournemouth, Newquay or penance?

I know Newquay is a nice place but as far as i can remember there is sweet fa there.

Bournemouth isn't really a place to go for a holiday, it's a shit hole, and there's no riding anyway. Weymouth has rocks and nice street. Portland is one of the best natural riding spots in the UK, and is about 5 miles away from Weymouth. But you really need to have a car in order to get there as there's no station near it (nearest station's Weymouth), and it's a hell of a long ride!

Bournemouth has the nightlife, Weymouth isn't that great in that respect, but has better riding.

Edited by Ross Gardner

Change from august to july and then join me. Me and my friends are spending all of july driving around the UK with our bikes, stopping off wherever the riding is good.

Thanks for the offer but I wont have been driving for very long at all in July and prob wont be all that confident driving allot + having a really good session inbertween I would be half dead.

thanks for the ideas and the input guys Plymouth seems like a good idea as I prefer to ride street all iv got to do is find somewhere to stay.