Neon Conquer - Why Is This Frame So Problematic?

neonneon

Hello, I'm new to this forum so go easy ;)

I ride a Neon, its lovely to ride and to look at. BUT.

My chain is cutting my frame in half no matter what I do! and my 4 bolt mounts holes are far to shallow and has forced me to use spacers to tighten my magura! (but its still not as tight as i'd like..)

My main concern is that my frame is being cut, does anyone else have the same issue?? I thought about wrapping my frame with something to slow down the cutting process.

I used a small piece of metal, but the chain just cut through it...

Thanks

NeonNeon

Can you post a foto (from chainring to driven gear) then maybe you can get some help.

Unless someone has had this problem and happens to read this then you might not get useful help.

More details like your gearing set up may be of assistance to effect a remedy.

Matt

I'll go get a photo now :)

EDIT: I have no freewheel on at the moment... I forgot that :P

Edited by neonneon

I got it from Chris 'ZHI'.

I've been speaking to him, he's being **** head about it all.

It's the last time I order anything from him. Why doesn't Tarty sell Neons?? :(

Is there a reason why it does this??

Thanks for the help guys

NN

If you got it from Dan KO, your f**ked

If you got it from Zhi - Chris, your f**ked

If you got it second hand... then your f**ked...

Sorry man :(

Lol... Where else can you buy them??

:P

Edited by neonneon

Think its just been built wrong.

Chris is ok to order from but the downside of getting it cheaper is that you don't get a warrenty like you would from trials-uk.

Have you tried contacting neon about it as its definatly a manufacture fault.

My mate Jj has one (NEONRIDER on here) and he has just put some electrical tape on the area where its rubbing, and de-tentioned his chain a tiny bit , so it doesnt rub as much. He's also having problems with his mounts, one of them has gone really stiff for some reason, and another one has threaded, but he doesnt have the problem you have.

Personally, I dont think there very nice, not a very good quality either, I would have saved up more and got a better frame, echo, zoo etc.

I would also get a booster for your mount problem, the spacers might help you there, and stop flex.

hope I've helped mate,

Kiwi :)

I got it from Chris 'ZHI'.

You have no warranty then, he's a dogy bloke, its not a real company he's set up, he just does it all behind the taxpayers back and doing it just to make a quick buck hence why he can undercut online retailers, and tarty won't stock them because theyr'e a faulty design and have the problems that you described, so they would get them all sent back under warrantee replacement, so theres no point.

You will be very lucky if you get anything from Neon as they are based in China and will tell you to go through your retailer and that just leads to a dead-end. So I hate to say it but your going to get nothing out of it. I advise that you ride it, bash it as much as you can then look into getting a new frame.

Sorry pal xXx

Think its just been built wrong.

Chris is ok to order from but the downside of getting it cheaper is that you don't get a warrenty like you would from trials-uk.

Have you tried contacting neon about it as its definatly a manufacture fault.

Thanks Matt, I think ill just ride it till it dies.

Then go back to my onza.

My mate Jj has one (NEONRIDER on here) and he has just put some electrical tape on the area where its rubbing, and de-tentioned his chain a tiny bit , so it doesnt rub as much. He's also having problems with his mounts, one of them has gone really stiff for some reason, and another one has threaded, but he doesnt have the problem you have.

Personally, I dont think there very nice, not a very good quality either, I would have saved up more and got a better frame, echo, zoo etc.

I would also get a booster for your mount problem, the spacers might help you there, and stop flex.

hope I've helped mate,

Kiwi :)

I will have to do that to my frame.

I have a booster :P I think I might get a new Onza pro series...

Thanks for the help.

You have no warranty then, he's a dogy bloke, its not a real company he's set up, he just does it all behind the taxpayers back and doing it just to make a quick buck hence why he can undercut online retailers, and tarty won't stock them because theyr'e a faulty design and have the problems that you described, so they would get them all sent back under warrantee replacement, so theres no point.

You will be very lucky if you get anything from Neon as they are based in China and will tell you to go through your retailer and that just leads to a dead-end. So I hate to say it but your going to get nothing out of it. I advise that you ride it, bash it as much as you can then look into getting a new frame.

Sorry pal xXx

Thanks mate, I now know that Chris is C**p and yeah, I've got a spare t-pro :(

cheers guys,

Much appreciated.

Charlie

Thanks mate, I now know that Chris is C**p and yeah, I've got a spare t-pro :(

cheers guys,

Much appreciated.

Charlie

No, Chris isn't crap, you knew full well when you bought it from him that it was without warranty, it's like buying second hand, if it breaks, it breaks and theres nothing you can do about it as i found out recently ^_^

You took a gamble buying something with no security in case of this and you lost.

My GU TP mod had the cut problem with the chain. Only thing I could think of was to move the rear sprocket closer into the hub if possible but I don't know if that would affect your chain line.

I have the shallow mounts problem on my echo lite, they are too shallow for booster bolts annd I have to use 3mm of washers to tighten it up.

But I would say they are manufacturing defects too, good luck with sorting out the replacement/refund!

Edited by weirdoku