What's That Wiff? It's Smot!

JT!

WWIFSMOT  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in?

• Yes!
    • No!

Senior membership really does mean bugger all lol. It means there is an extra section, which is rarely posted in, and you can't get warned, and that's about it.

don't go ruining our aspirations bongo.....its people like you that stop people like me getting to where i want to go :

i mean look at you with your pink writing....and little senior label....i need that, i want that, i would kill for it

Edited by ben_travis

Especially given all the other options to vote with :rolleyes:

Peope didn't have to vote. ;)

Well Mark (i'm guessing, it's usually him) added 'no' it completely messed up the poll as now it's 85.4% voting yes, which is incorrect because 'no' was only added half way though making the results a false positive loosing all credibility.

I didn't see any point in adding no because it's a thread to see who wanted him in, not who didn't. 45 (or whatever number has been reached) is pretty good i think, but then again it's pretty useless when it's not compared to 'who wants member x for SM' who may have got 200 votes. However from what I've read it seems like some kind of system is going to be put in place anyway so roll on that - if it is that.

Surely you'd want to see the number of yes', compared to the number of no's on your poll? :ermm:

Depends how you look at it. If i'd have put yes, no and don't care. The people who'd pick no and don't care would be over whelming, and people would focus on the % rather than the actual number of people who picked yes.

"JT for SM" poll coming soon to a sub-forum near you

Haha, wondering when someone was going to bring that up. I'm not gonna be one of those people who say 'i don't want to me a SM' because everyone does no matter what they're saying. But i'm never going to be, i'm too unpopular, especially in the views of a lot SM's and mods - and probably by a lot of the most influential members. What irritates me though is when i suggest things and people think it's a means of me trying to become an SM, even though everyone including me knows that it's never going to happen.

Haha, wondering when someone was going to bring that up. I'm not gonna be one of those people who say 'i don't want to me a SM' because everyone does no matter what they're saying. But i'm never going to be, i'm too unpopular, especially in the views of a lot SM's and mods - and probably by a lot of the most influential members. What irritates me though is when i suggest things and people think it's a means of me trying to become an SM, even though everyone including me knows that it's never going to happen.

glad to see your reverse psychology course went well :shifty:

Thing is, with a poll with the only option being yes, you could just say '100% of people said yes!"

Most polls I've seen on here, like the one where the guy lost his finger, the results people were posting up were saying like '62:1 saying yes' not a percentage...

This isn't doing Inur or yourself any favours.

I've given up trying to maintain any kind of positive reputation on this forum - if irritating and annoying is the worst people can call me then that's not bad, but if it's not doing inur any favors (can't see why not though, about 50 people agree he should be an SM) then close it. :)

I've given up trying to maintain any kind of positive reputation on this forum - if irritating and annoying is the worst people can call me then that's not bad, but if it's not doing inur any favors (can't see why not though, about 50 people agree he should be an SM) then close it. :)

JT, it's best just to aim low and score high.

My aims ? Not to get banned.

My score ? 7 out of 10 so far.

=]

Peope didn't have to vote. ;)

Well Mark (i'm guessing, it's usually him) added 'no' it completely messed up the poll as now it's 85.4% voting yes, which is incorrect because 'no' was only added half way though making the results a false positive loosing all credibility.

I didn't see any point in adding no because it's a thread to see who wanted him in, not who didn't. 45 (or whatever number has been reached) is pretty good i think, but then again it's pretty useless when it's not compared to 'who wants member x for SM' who may have got 200 votes. However from what I've read it seems like some kind of system is going to be put in place anyway so roll on that - if it is that.

It didn't have a credibility anyway if your looking at it percentage wise as a percentage dictates there are two factions or outcomes, you didn't have this so it isn't an accurate representation. You might as well have left a topic as an open register rather than an anonymous vote. I guess you never studied statistics? People feeling isolated out of a poll because the answer they want isn't there tend to just tick yes anyway to get the feeling of contribution they wanted when they opened the thread to participate in the poll... in which case your results were useless to begin with.

:P

I did study statistics. If there was a no option, and yes got 20% people would think that no one would want inur for SM. When in fact 1 out of every 5 members is quite a good ratio, but doesn't look it from the polls we're used to seeing.

I don't think members of TF would click yes just to feel a part of something.

If a person is going to look at a poll with one option, and then see the 100% next to it, and then conclude that 100% of the people on the forum want this option, then they probably don't have the intelligence to get past the registration for the forum.

Edited by JT!

I did study statistics. If there was a no option, and yes got 20% people would think that no one would want inur for SM. When in fact 1 out of every 5 members is quite a good ratio, but doesn't look it from the polls we're used to seeing.

I don't think members of TF would click yes just to feel a part of something.

If a person is going to look at a poll with one option, and then see the 100% next to it, and then conclude that 100% of the people on the forum want this option, then they probably don't have the intelligence to get past the registration for the forum.

Well it isn't is it... its 20%. Enough people objected to it for whatever reason for 80% of the participants to actively choose "no". 20% is not a good result with 80% opposing.

Whether you think they would or not does not change the fact that people do.

In a similar way someone created a poll with just one answer as opposed to a signed register of agreement? Your right though, a clever person would realise how utterly useless it is as an accurate representation and disregard it.

Well it isn't is it... its 20%. Enough people objected to it for whatever reason for 80% of the participants to actively choose "no". 20% is not a good result with 80% opposing.

Whether you think they would or not does not change the fact that people do.

In a similar way someone created a poll with just one answer as opposed to a signed register of agreement?

Fair enough.

I'll go make another topic.

:P Just kidding. (feel free to close)

Edited by JT!

I didn't see any point in adding no because it's a thread to see who wanted him in, not who didn't.

But surely if we didn't, we should be able to voice that in return? Or should I have created another thread in order to vote "No Inur for SM?" Despite the fact I actually kind of like the guy.

SM-ship really isn't anything to brag about, and to be honest being a mod is more of a pain than most people think.

Rich