What's That Wiff? It's Smot!

JT!

WWIFSMOT  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in?

• Yes!
    • No!

Seriously, what gets achieved by senior membership?

Is it not just used as a hierarchical feel good device? - "Look at me, I'm special!!! Better than you, you lower member!". Members usually being chosen as the best liked individuals, rather than perhaps based on some more general virtue.

I certainly remember that sort of attitude in the senior member forum (i.e. most annoying members thread). I also remember feeling better about myself for having 'achieved' it.

Edited by Ben Rowlands

well basically every once in a while a topic like this gets made by those who are not happy with the current senior members. Basically who should be promoted and who should be relegated.

I related this to football in order to hopefully make people realise something (although im not sure what).

I chose manchester city, because im a manchester united fan :).

I related this to football in order to hopefully make people realise something (although im not sure what).

I like your reasoning :P

I guess it could suggest several things such as moving 'up' occuring due to merit. Those who score the most 'goals' in terms of senior member ideals. Or moving down because of not scoring enough goals.

something like that benners!

to be honest my day is dragging, im feeling cynical and my folks are round for tea tonight....and i have no food in yet.

So this probably led to my poor attempt at a little comedy.

I apologise.......

Also i must admit, that i feel the hierarchy of trials-forum only shows on personal reflection of this subject. I feel more alive than any other senior member does....

something like that benners!

to be honest my day is dragging, im feeling cynical and my folks are round for tea tonight....and i have no food in yet.

So this probably led to my poor attempt at a little comedy.

I apologise.......

Also i must admit, that i feel the hierarchy of trials-forum only shows on personal reflection of this subject. I feel more alive than any other senior member does....

Don't worry about it, my personal humour seems to very personal. I often experience moment of tumbleweed and silence :P Not that you did here though!

On your latter point, I must agree. Yet it is a common activity for us to feel better about ourselves simply because we conceptualize ourselves above people in some sense. I know I find myself doing it at times, but I try to recognise and not engage in it.

Lol... Rowan Johns (aka manuel), you know, that Ashton/Diamondback rider, who has been producing top quality videos for the last god knows how many years, and like Simps said, is probably one of the best street riders in the country.

Oh i know who you mean now. I don't do real names.

well basically every once in a while a topic like this gets made by those who are not happy with the current senior members.

This topic is just about getting inur in. Not anyone else out.

But yeah to be fair, nearly 40 people have voted yes. Must be pause for thought?

Edited by JT!