Post Office Screw Up......

cadbury's cream egg

im guessing someone stepped on it to be honest, will put cardboard over the bubble rap next time as i dont want to risk it happening again

I know its a bad thing to say but items need to be packaged in a way that will protect it from such incidences, especially of greater value.

Any courier is the same, items get thrown around, kicked around, and stepping on it is probably the most likely cause of this braking.

Or perhaps a great weight from other parcels..?

When i sent my chris king to tarty I wrapped it in loads of bubble rap, then a padded envelope and then insured it for 500 big ones. I was still worried. Then I got it back from tarty just chucked into a box with the rest of my order. It was just a thin box with a rim and some tools and shizz in. The hub was touching the sides of the box. I think they could have at least put a bit of bubble rap around it. It was fine though. :D

O well not complaining. T uk would have probably have just scratched my address in to the hub, then stuck a second hand stamp on and chucked it into the post box. lol

When i sent my chris king to tarty I wrapped it in loads of bubble rap, then a padded envelope and then insured it for 500 big ones. I was still worried. Then I got it back from tarty just chucked into a box with the rest of my order. It was just a thin box with a rim and some tools and shizz in. The hub was touching the sides of the box. I think they could have at least put a bit of bubble rap around it. It was fine though. :D

O well not complaining. T uk would have probably have just scratched my address in to the hub, then stuck a second hand stamp on and chucked it into the post box. lol

hmm, thats odd, I always try my best to protect the hub the best I can (either bubblewrap around the axle or carboard spacers) and to individually bubblewrap other items in the box. I can only think it was a rush to get it out on that days collection, I'll double check next time!

well it looks like the lever blade has been moved and cracked the body.

just a suggestion and i know it doesn't fix this issue:

remove the blade, and put all the small parts in a litle bag and zip tie it to the body while in transit (inside main packaging).