University Choices

Revolver

f**ks sake! Had an interview with South Bank last monday, which cost me a total of £120 with travelling and spending a night in london so i could make the early interview. Get to the uni and they forgot that i was coming!! Got sent to three different places untill i wound up at the Keysworth bulding? and turned out the interviewer was teaching!!! Waited another hour for him! He then came out and flicked through my portfolio and said " thanks very much for coming" then shook my hand and left me in the reception! AND! to top it off i got an unsuccesfull from them!! WHAT THE FCUK!!!! i didnt even get shown around or go show him my designs!! willy!

f**ks sake! Had an interview with South Bank last monday, which cost me a total of £120 with travelling and spending a night in london so i could make the early interview. Get to the uni and they forgot that i was coming!! Got sent to three different places untill i wound up at the Keysworth bulding? and turned out the interviewer was teaching!!! Waited another hour for him! He then came out and flicked through my portfolio and said " thanks very much for coming" then shook my hand and left me in the reception! AND! to top it off i got an unsuccesfull from them!! WHAT THE FCUK!!!! i didnt even get shown around or go show him my designs!! willy!

LSBU steez there. Sorry to hear that...

Southampton solent

Any reviews, good or bad?

I wasnt 100% sure what i wanted to do, and found a course that covers a bit of everything i want to do

Extreme sports managment.Anyone doing it?

I know nothing about that course, but the uni is ranked 97 out of 113 universities in the UK. That doesn't necessarily mean it's bad for your course, it needs checking though, I went to look at the 112th worst uni (As i'd heard the department I wanted is good) and the course there was awful, it had mostly useless modules that didn't appear to require any work and 70% of students dropped out. If i'm gonna sink £30,000 of my Ferrari fund into a uni course I want it to be of benefit...

Their loss really! f**k giving a uni like that £3.5k of my money a year, they can't even remember when your interview is?

I'm sorted now! I got a conditional on the Web Info Systems & Services course at Sheffield Hallam, I just have to get enough Ucas points. I havn't actually been to the Uni yet though for an interview or an open day, but I did go for an Engineering project 2 years ago. I could do with going really just to check I know where it is. :P

I know nothing about that course, but the uni is ranked 97 out of 113 universities in the UK. That doesn't necessarily mean it's bad for your course, it needs checking though, I went to look at the 112th worst uni (As i'd heard the department I wanted is good) and the course there was awful, it had mostly useless modules that didn't appear to require any work and 70% of students dropped out. If i'm gonna sink £30,000 of my Ferrari fund into a uni course I want it to be of benefit...

Thanks for the reply

Its a new course, and it sounds good. covers a bit of coaching, retail etc

Got friends there who luv it, im going to the open day on the 4th to have a good look around and make my decsion :)

Southampton solent

Any reviews, good or bad?

I wasnt 100% sure what i wanted to do, and found a course that covers a bit of everything i want to do

Extreme sports managment.Anyone doing it?

No offence but that doesn't sound like a degree that's worth £30,000...

Is it any good ross? i got a conditional from them, and after lsbu im really considering them.

Im hopefully going plymouth, got my interview on weds :D:D:D

i had an interview in newport which i f**ked up, two of my friends went and got offerd places the same day, ive gotta wait two weeks, i figured ill pressume the worst then i cant be let down.

davetrials.

Edited by sexymike

Is it any good ross? i got a conditional from them, and after lsbu im really considering them.

I was so set on going to Brighton, but after that open day at Pompy it's making it very hard for me to chose. My course firstly looks amazing - up to date with facilities and the latest software which are used within the industry. It also offered me a chance of taking a year out in industry which is very appealing to me. The Uni is bang on in the middle of the city, and my halls I'm applying to (which are self catered and have a toilet and shower to a room which is a mega benefit) are about 300 yards from the bars/pubs/clubs.

Would recommend it man, you can join me and Simps as the new Pompy riders :D

Edited by Ross Gardner

Went to Plymouth post offer open day on saturday and i really like it, Anyone know much about plymouth, like is the night life any good, many people ride trials etc?

cheers

In my 3rd year here now, really like it!

Can't really say a bad word about it to be honest, not a whole lot i'd change.

Everythings walking distance, night life is fairly good, 7859474 trials riders and loads of stuff to ride, by the sea, by Dartmoor (best riding ever), course is good, generally a good place (some of it is shit don't get me wrong, but any cities have the good and bad, and you can stay away from the shit), pretty good shopping centre and that.

And its Devon, what more could you ask for.

Having said that, I'm sure some people hate it, but in my opinion its great.

we're at imperial college...which is way up there on the stupidly rich and computer geek ratio. But then when they only offer courses in science and engineering..what did i expect :ermm:

Rent in london is epic..and that really mounts up. But while you do have some money its awesome...4th year means I don't..

ahh..fond memories..

adam