Portabello Rockafello

Ross McArthur

Once again an opportunity arises for my less than complimentary humour to be splashed out over the jagged rocks of Portebello near Edinburgh.

I propose we ride, in fact im telling you we are riding the sea front on the 24th of January!

So I would like to invite anyone who considers them self a Scottish Mucker to come and ride….And anyone who doesn’t is welcome too…That means you grumpy!...And you fatty!

Think we will be meeting early, about 11am, riding the rocks till our socks fall off then shoot along to Transgression Skate park to rape some skaters.

The Party to celebrate a successful 08 season will start at 10pm. Bring your own drink, enough to make you try a back flip on your long wheel base steed, yes that’s you grumpy and fatty!

Then its back to mine for a Muckers flat warming!

Then a Cambusbarron ride on the Sunday in Stirling then ye can all get ti! (maybe a wee bit of stirling street?)

Right, who’s in?........Me!

Edited by Ross McArthur

So I would like to invite anyone who considers them self a Scottish Mucker to come and ride….And anyone who doesn’t is welcome too…That means you grumpy!...And you fatty!

Dick!

I suppose Il come along, il be riding there this weekend anyone!

Wait...wait....wait...Im I grumpy or fatty, or both?

Edited by JohnyMilton

Well Im def the fat one, because your always calling me fat...you willy! haha!

Man, its all about the banter. Ok you might have been a bit chubby back in the day and we could poke your belly and watch it shake like bowl full of jelly. But now I must say, your looking alot healthier. And Not taking a doughnut when offered! I was impressed! Oh and you even left me some pizza in your box that I found in the back of my car the day after, your a star! ^_^

Haha, I have a day off work so i am quite probably up for it but without the trusty steed unless i can get some practice in before then.

I haven't been on the bike in ages and even before my absence i was crap. :)

If you are heading to the transgression i can probably be one of the skaters you bully, i will bring my skates! This sounds like a laugh!

think ill make portobello on the sat but not sure about the party at the park or cambusbarron on the sunday!

i imagine that riding portabello is weather dependant...if its pissing down, im sure most would rather ride glasgow street then edinburgh street. so adjustments to be made closer to the time! I wanna ride these rocks though

I thought Id bump this and let everyone know that im going to be searching around my shed for a few bike bits for Greg after he got his bike stolen.

Granted, I gave you parts for nothin and they got nicked, but thats not the point. :P

I've got echo tyres and a few bits that could make a rear brake up. I've got pads too.

Give us a list of what you need Greg and im sure we can sort you out.

I thought Id bump this and let everyone know that im going to be searching around my shed for a few bike bits for Greg after he got his bike stolen.

Granted, I gave you parts for nothin and they got nicked, but thats not the point. :P

I've got echo tyres and a few bits that could make a rear brake up. I've got pads too.

I have a white tryall front rim and a tyre. Will have a look about for bits and bobs. When did this happen?

i imagine that riding portabello is weather dependant...if its pissing down, im sure most would rather ride glasgow street then edinburgh street. so adjustments to be made closer to the time! I wanna ride these rocks though

yeh kinda!usually isnt too bad to ride them in the wet. can be more fun sometimes but when me and daniel were there in the rain saturday they were all grimey so was pretty much impossible to ride them!there is another sweet spot about 5 miles along the road which is pretty awesome. would be better in the rain aswell. There likes loads of thos tank defense blocks from the second world war. loads of them, some slanted knocked over and stuff. pretty sweet.

yeh kinda!usually isnt too bad to ride them in the wet. can be more fun sometimes but when me and daniel were there in the rain saturday they were all grimey so was pretty much impossible to ride them!there is another sweet spot about 5 miles along the road which is pretty awesome. would be better in the rain aswell. There likes loads of thos tank defense blocks from the second world war. loads of them, some slanted knocked over and stuff. pretty sweet.

Sweet Dunc, cant wait.

Its cool between me and strath we can bulid him a bike!

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/st/...ecast_temp.html

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/dg/...ecast_temp.html

lets keep an eye on these two links and see which one comes out best.....plans for both saturday and sunday might change, but going through to edinburgh on the saturday night will remain the same :)