Are All Freewheels As Crap As The One On My Spyro?

Matt Vandart

to be honest no one here has really given him any form of an awnser.

Im assuming its probably a cheap freewheel on there at the moment, so it will be pretty bad.

if your looking for a better freewheel with out spending loads look at the tensile providing yours is a ffw, i didn't like mine when i had one but a lot of people i knew used them with no trouble at all.

to be honest no one here has really given him any form of an awnser.

Im assuming its probably a cheap freewheel on there at the moment, so it will be pretty bad.

if your looking for a better freewheel with out spending loads look at the tensile providing yours is a ffw, i didn't like mine when i had one but a lot of people i knew used them with no trouble at all.

Thank you also Mr Malcom.

Money is not a problem really, I guess you may be thinking that as I have a Spyrogyra (Cheap bike) actually alot of people slag my spyro off but I really like it and I have had loads of expensive and flashy bikes and now I wish I had just bought this bike to upgrade as I went along.

I also have a zoot, a T-pro, and a full on xspensive bike with disc brakes, hope hubs, middleburn cranks and all that malarky and at the minute anyway, the spyro is my favorite, I just don't like the take up on the freewheel having been used to a loverly hope hub.

I think those guys are taking their gayness too seriously.

I think those guys are taking their gayness too seriously.

No, TF is full of peeps who think questions are for ass bandits.

Spyrogra's come with a cheapo Dicta freewheel (IIRC), replace it with this rude boy and all will be good - http://tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?produc...;category_id=16

You can buy them used and still in good nick for half that, failing that one of these is just as good but a bit more affordable - http://tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?produc...;category_id=16

You want an 18T (again, IIRC) :blues:

Edited by Pashley26

No, TF is full of peeps who think questions are for ass bandits.

Spyrogra's come with a cheapo Dicta freewheel (IIRC), replace it with this rude boy and all will be good - http://tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?produc...;category_id=16

You can buy them used and still in good nick for half that, failing that one of these is just as good but a bit more affordable - http://tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?produc...;category_id=16

You want an 18T (again, IIRC) :blues:

Thats the ticket, thanks man.

Matt

nd a full on xspensive bike with disc brakes, hope hubs, middleburn cranks and all that malarky and at the minute anyway, the spyro is my favorite, I just don't like the take up on the freewheel having been used to a loverly hope hub.

Errm, call me stupid but just take the wheel from your "xspensive" bike and put it on your shit bike?

Errm, call me stupid but just take the wheel from your "xspensive" bike and put it on your shit bike?

He would struggle as its a 110 back end. The freewheel would have to be one of my first upgrades on the spyrogyra too. The dicta is a very basic freewheel.

Aaah, that sucks. Why do you spec it with such a shitty freewheel when an ACS would be a much better choice?

Because they build it to such a tight budget? I'd imagine the price difference between a dicta and an acs is going to be quite alot, even at trade. It's a very good spec bike for the price, you cant expect too much really

Because they build it to such a tight budget? I'd imagine the price difference between a dicta and an acs is going to be quite alot, even at trade. It's a very good spec bike for the price, you cant expect too much really

I payed £9 for my Dicta a few weeks ago, it's only £11.74 for an ACS claw, for the Sake of £3 (Probably less at trade) Why not stick that on :( ? Or a Tensile even like on most of Onza's bikes come with ?

Not a bitch as Onza do very good, cheap starter bikes, i just don't see why they'd put a dicta on :P

Then you overpayed for it? :P Most places seem to be about 6 quid, or around a tenner if they come in a rebranded package (like diamondback ones for example), but remember dictas are used a plenty on budget bmx bikes, i'd imagine they are silly dirt cheap at trade compared to acs ones as they are that much more mass produced. Adding a tensile into the equation would probably mean the bike would be too expensive for the market area they aim for, or something else would have to be downgraded. I'm not disagreeing with the fact they could do with a better one, its just hard for a company like onza to balance component choices so the bike lasts long enough in all areas. If they specced a tensile for the same rrp, something like the rims or the bar+stem would have to be of poorer quality.

Then you overpayed for it? :P Most places seem to be about 6 quid, or around a tenner if they come in a rebranded package (like diamondback ones for example), but remember dictas are used a plenty on budget bmx bikes, i'd imagine they are silly dirt cheap at trade compared to acs ones as they are that much more mass produced. Adding a tensile into the equation would probably mean the bike would be too expensive for the market area they aim for, or something else would have to be downgraded. I'm not disagreeing with the fact they could do with a better one, its just hard for a company like onza to balance component choices so the bike lasts long enough in all areas. If they specced a tensile for the same rrp, something like the rims or the bar+stem would have to be of poorer quality.

Got it in one. (Y)

If you want to upgrade go for either the eno, the tensile or even the try-all. I personaaly use the new style try-all and the engagement is insane, it hasn't skipped once and I am not a light or a smooth rider. What ever you get it will be a lot better than the dicta ones.

yer i have used eno freewheels for years, they are a bit pricey though around £90 so far as i can remember, the tensile is best bet for the money, engagements are good, plenty of them too. and allthough its not sealed bearing, the bearings are caged and can be replaced, so it is fully serviceable. o and if i remember rightly the lock ring is threded the opposte way so that it wont come loose whilst rolling along like an acs does.

rob