Post A Picture Of Your Guitar

davey1991

Been a bit bored of the old battleaxe recently - just ha a shufty round in my room to make some more space (amps and bikes are a bad mix) and picked it up again. Drop D flat has made be very happy, downstairs are upset, it's perfect.

BOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM

Jags/jazz masters have grown on me so much. Offset bodies are weirdly pleasing to look at. I'd love a mustang in Daphne Blue with red tortoise shell gaurd..

I don't like jazz masters as much purely based on the soap bar pickups but the shape along with the weird electronics make for very good looking guitars. Just a shame they play nowhere near as good as a strat or tele (in terms of being a bit fiddly).

Did I previously put up a picture of my 1964 duo-sonic? It's in Dakota red and it's the guitar that was the predecessor to the mustang. The blue/red mustangs are my fave also.

Is there any...pictures....of this?

Haha, I don't have any pictures of this band.

This is a photo from practice with her old band? Haha

1rxjyr.jpg

However, if you are curious as to what her old bands sound like I can show you that.

There was East of Eden, but they have broken up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRvg-UnnIHE

And Lead Us Forth, which she left earlier this year. https://leadusforth.bandcamp.com/album/thewayward-ep

Lead Us Forth are recording their new album and it is seriously insane what they are writng. Their song writer is just nuts.

f**k pictures I want to hear the music!

Still being recorded mate. Unless you want to hear gp6 midi files? Lol

Edited by Joe O'Connor

Awesome. What guitar is she holding there? All the strings look like the same gauge haha.

LTD Alex Wade signature 7 string. Mammoth of a guitar, sounds so big.

If I am to be correct (Im probably not), the top six strings are some heavy gauge set like .62's I think and the lowest string is an .80. Gotta get that low E haha.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sold the Squier standard, I went with burgundy mist in the end. Unlike me thou I took no pictures!

I've had 2 great offers on my USA Tele too which I'm considering selling.

My sister went to America last month and is off again over Christmas with work. We're having a early Christmas tonight and she's been hinting about my present, apparently it's guitar themed and from a factory in California..

My sisters so f**king rad.

imagejpg1_zps07c47b53.jpg

Mexican Lake placid blue strat, from the USA!

I really wanted a rosewood necked LPB strat, and have done for quite some time, my sisters managed to sort it all over in the states for her to pick up when she was over there!

My dream is to one day go and buy a custom shop from the proper USA Fender store, but that'll wait till I'm a wealthy son o' bitch.

Fitted a USA switch plate to my tele yesterday after I bent the original one the other night. Played a small backing stint for a mate in a bar and hit the toggle switch a bit hard and put a twist in it. The USA plates twice as thick! Looks loads better and sits level with the scratchplate.

I love Lake Placid Blue.

• Like 1

Anyone know anything about active EMG pickups and compatibility with leads/cables? Bought an Ibanez RGT6EXFX which comes factory fitted with EMG 81 & 60 active pick ups.

I've tried 3 brand new Duracell batteries so it's not that, the pickups just sound like battery's dead, there's no punch coming from the sound, it's all weak, I read that mono & stereo leads can make a difference but I've never heard of this, the guitar is factory standard so I thought any lead should work. I don't know anything about electrics but any ideas?

I have 3 leads but they're all mono, so I don't have a stereo one to try, would that be my problem?

One of my other guitars has had the same pickups fitted and that works perfectly.

Edited by LEON

• 2 weeks later...

Too much Fender in here Mr Booth haha. I just finished rebuilding this. Ibanez MIJ RG7421. Stripped it completed and replaced all electronics and tuners. Filled the old tuner mounting holes with Luminlay, because glow in the dark. I also just got the neck and EDGE bridge from a RG7620 as well, I'll be transplanting them into a maple body at some point for another project thing.

Some WIP photos here.

10848064_10152969510759650_1467755464922

IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

Tom in not a fender shocker...

imagejpg1_zps06ff5e31.jpg

My guitar tutor wants the Dean removing and his band logo on instead. Game on!

That sort of thing makes me lose faith in musicians to be honest…. I just can't ever envisage a nice sound coming out of it.

Here's a pretty guitar to redress the balance.

post-7501-0-09620900-1421833195_thumb.pn

Nothing wrong with an extended range guitar. Just cos it has 2 more strings doesn't make the player any less of a musician than 6 string players. There are many very talented 8 string players out there you just don't know about.

It just always seems to be a case of technique and musicianship (read: bit of dick measuring) over actual music quality. Always seems to lack in any feel.

• 3 weeks later...

So I had an LTD B-104 that I wasn't really using so I decided to strip the paint and give it a natural finish. Kinda gave up after a little bit because I thought it was going to look rubbish but just this last few weeks I pulled it out again and have finished it off. So stoked to see what the final thing is going to look like!

I'm looking at getting some active EMG pickups for it, a whole new set of electronics for it and set it up for Drop C or something.

Everytime I do something else to it I get even more excited lol.

The look of the wood is going to look so good next to all black parts on it :3 So surprised by how the body has come up given that it is only Basswood.

Since that last photo it has been varnished, I've used a transparent semi gloss and I'm trying to match the color of the back of the neck.

All photos are Instagram sorry.

Before

post-23508-0-61092900-1423624604_thumb.j

Before varnishing

post-23508-0-97738100-1423624625_thumb.j

The head looks so nice!

post-23508-0-20557900-1423624634_thumb.j

Also, Sanding sucks

EDIT: I sat all the old parts on the body once the varnish dried. I'm so giggly now lol.

post-23508-0-12022900-1423633679_thumb.j

post-23508-0-42906200-1423633689_thumb.j

Edited by Joe O'Connor

Other then the MASSIVE emg's that's nice.

Recent project is a strat in Daphne blue, also with matching headstock..

IMAG1092_zps647ab06c.jpg

It's gonna get a single ply plate, mildly relic'd and aged plastics.

If you're going single ply remember to only put a 3 way selector in the pickup switch rather than 5.

I do love a good matching headstock.