New Bike - Zhi Z1

Alex Dark

Here she is...the zenith replacement:

Rides pretty nicely, not too sure about the higher bb, but ill persist for a while yet. Rides very similar to a czar i think.........

1080, 380, +35, 72

Spec for anyone that cares:

echo stem

echo headset

meta f.wheel

spesh 2bliss front tyre

minion r. tyre

Eno FFW

echo on echo fixed r. wheel

avid bb7 ( old ) w. sd7 + 203

rear 04 magura w. rb blade, coustsinks

echo team booster <-- ( :sick: )

echo cnc cranks

gu half bash

truvativ gigapipe bb

zoo bars

headlock

echo urbans

v8's

custom tensioner

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2860902

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2860907

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2860900

Edited by Alex Dark

Those frames arn't very close to the claimed geometry. They're a bit longer. Measure yours and see what it comes out to. Mine measures 1090, 72.25, +30, 380 and 26.5" reach with a META fork.

Edited by Jason222

Those frames arn't very close to the claimed geometry. They're a bit longer. Measure yours and see what it comes out to. Mine measures 1090, 72.25, +30, 380 and 26.5" reach with a META fork.

well, ill check that now mate, im sure the fr,es designed around an echo urban fork so that may have something to do with it

right; mine is ( with echo urban fork )

1100, ? , +35, 380 , 640

Edited by Alex Dark

well, ill check that now mate, im sure the fr,es designed around an echo urban fork so that may have something to do with it

right; mine is ( with echo urban fork )

1100, ? , +35, 380 , 640

Reach is measured from the center of the bb to the top center of the headtube. Your measurement and mine should be nearly identical, but yours is off by about 10 mm to my measurement.

wtf.....chinese QC for you.... ;)

haha. I see what you're saying...my Z1 frame doesn't have the chainstay yokes welded at the right angle, it renders the frame with a very limited amount of tire clearence. I had the grind down the side plates so it wouldn't rub as bad...

But I had 2 Z1 frames, both measured the same reach(about 673, I think my math was way off earlier, it seems I can't subtract well. So it would be a lot more than 10mm off)...you must have measured wrong.

Edited by Jason222

haha. I see what you're saying...my Z1 frame doesn't have the chainstay yokes welded at the right angle, it renders the frame with a very limited amount of tire clearence. I had the grind down the side plates so it wouldn't rub as bad...

But I had 2 Z1 frames, both measured the same reach(about 673, I think my math was way off earlier, it seems I can't subtract well. So it would be a lot more than 10mm off)...you must have measured wrong.

or you've got the older one?

ill re-measure now....

Edited by Alex Dark