Phat Pads & New Phat Backings

Phatmike

Any one who is thinking of getting new pads.....Seriously theese pads Are the only choice (Y) 25 pounds for awesome cnc backings with the brilliant blue compound is a bargain.

Good bite hold and a decent honk

They work awesome on a smooth rim....light grinds but really are at home on a harsh deep grind (Y)

Dave

is there no option for a plastic backed version?? sorry if this has already been asked (but it is 12 pages), i forgot to ask u the other day mike.

i only ask as i have never seemed to have the need for CNC backings and £25 will always out of my justifiable boundary's for brake pads.

Edited by Mowgli

Glad to hear they're working so well Dave - not that I'd expect anything less!

Nah, there's no intentions of releasing them in plastic backings; the alu backing provides so much more performance to make it worth it. Although £25 might seem a bit more than some - don't forget the backings are completely reusable, and the refill material is only £12. It is also a 'standard' fit, so you're not even limited to what material you want to use. :)

Mike - Would it be possible for Mowgli to buy refills and put it in his old backings?

I think £25 sounds alot for pads, but its only a fiver more than the other decent (Koxx/Plaz etc) plastic backed pads, and as Mike says, works out cheaper in the long run.

I tried pm'ing him about buying some of these pads.... no reply for several days. So it looks like TNN for me then!!

... had a message back now :) money has been paypal'd :D

Edited by r2wtrials

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah mike working well on deep grinds

UPDATE

Smooth rim ......

WTF theese stick like shit to a pillow on smooth rim :o

Insane hold bite is savage as hell...

Im pretty god dam impressed with them on smooth

Dave

So gladd you told me to go smooth with these bad boys :) work so good even in the wet the worked okish and this is smooth rim i mtalkign about when there dry oh my god hold is incredible!

I fitted some fresh pads with black anodised backings on friday evening before the DJ ride, so they had not had any time to bed in. They worked very well all day on saturday despite the very wet conditions. Highly recommended pad+backing combo.

Well its hard to say as I dont know what you've done to your rim with the file, but providing you have a nice sharp grind, your pads should bed back in very quickly if you have changed the position of your pads in any way. This is why i would always recommend using a grinder, so that you achieve a consistant grind.

Well its hard to say as I dont know what you've done to your rim with the file, but providing you have a nice sharp grind, your pads should bed back in very quickly if you have changed the position of your pads in any way. This is why i would always recommend using a grinder, so that you achieve a consistant grind.

problem sorted i used a grider and my brake beded in 1st hop :) !!

Thanks Very much Mike :)

BIG UP PHAT PADS

Cant Wait for The Veees :)

Keep It Up Mike :)

Now i have a new freewheel i have had about an hour out playing tonight and they work a treat. Stops my 14 stone from forward motion real quick :)

... the feel through the lever is much better than previous plastic backed pads as well. More "solid"

• 3 weeks later...