Rockman Isis Or Ozonys Xr26

tmks88

so I snapped my BT6.0 and I need a new frame. I really liked the geo of BT6.0 long so Id like to get something with similar geo.

Found rockman isis and ozonys xr26 and I dont know which one to get. any suggestions?

Rockman

+ exact same geometry

+ horizontal dropouts

+ light

+ cheap

- looks weak near the bb

- havent heard much about those frames

Ozonys XR26

+ almost the same geometry

+ light

+ looks strong

- vertical dropouts

- I have to buy new headset

- expensive

im thinking about the ozonys because this should last for me at least a year. im kinda heavy(92kg) and powerful rider. rockman seems to be too weak

How can you say it is weak, have you heard of any breaking? and 92kg is not heavy, i am 125kg ish, yes i have only had my frame for a week but no one has realy had a rockman frame for long enough to actualy tell!

I was going to stay out of this topic due to my situation but that is one of the stupidest things ever, unless your E-skills at determining frame strength are just sooo much better than everybody elses!!!

In my oppinion they are both damn good frames, i have owned and ridden both, and will probably say that i do prefer the Rockman, much as i prefered my Coustellier to the Ozonys as the Rockman/Coustellier ride very similar!

Adam

So erm... He should get an Ozonys right ,Stan? ;)

Of course Max :P I knew if I said it though, someone would give that bull crap answer of "Your only saying that because you ride for them", so I didn't bother.

The Ozonys is an excellent frame. Mine is nearly 8 months old and is still going strong. :) The down tube can take a few knocks as well, it's not paper thin like a lot of comp frames.

You also get internal headset system on the Ozonys which I think is better than the external style. It's stiffer, lighter and more clean looking.

Stan :)

large_rockframe4.jpg

this part looks weak, what do you people think about those 2 holes in the lower chainstay part? doesnt look very strong, coustv2 has similar part, has anyone broken them from there?

To be fair I wouldnot say that those holes will make any difference at all strength wise. I would say that the weakest part there would be the weld and they look pretty neat anyway.

Yoke pic....

this part looks weak, what do you people think about those 2 holes in the lower chainstay part? doesnt look very strong, coustv2 has similar part, has anyone broken them from there?

I would say it will be ok, I had my Koxx Coust V2 for over 6 months and saw no signs of weakening at that point, and the coust is more machined at that point that the rockman!

Adam