New Years Challenge/resolutions

anzo

Seeing how the end of the year is nearly upon us, I thought it'd be a good and interesting time to find out what people are challenging themselves to this year? Obviously there is the popular ones of not smoking, drinking or eating more healthily, but is anyone doing anything a little bit different?

Myself and two friends have decided that starting from 2nd January we will be living by (avoiding) the 7 Deadly Sins for one month. For those not in the know, these are;

Lust - Obsessive thoughts of disire, inparticularly with females. Generally meaning I can't be a pervert.

Gluttony - Over-indulgence, meaning I can't eat to the point of producing waste.

Greed - The sin of excess.

Sloth - Technically failing to achieve ones full potential.

Wrath -I can't be angry against people - wishing to or willingly harm others.

Pride - Failing to acknowledge others work (ie. not congratulating people in their work when credit is due).

So, thats mine for a month. It's going to be difficult as hell no doubt.

What are you lot planning?

Get no worse than a C in my GCSEs.

Go on the 24" tour of the south with Mr Rainbird.

Stop faffing around and actually ride my bike, instead of making it look pretty and wasting my money on it.

Find a decent female that doesn't end up shagging your mates.

Matt

Get together with chloe.....

Learn to tailwhip my BMX on every jump that is practically possible. (Sloth - Technically failing to achieve ones full potential. I have the potential to achieve it :P)

The 7 deadly sins is a good one, i might just try and follow them in general to make e a better person :)

Same as every year.... and no doubt I'll fail as ever year, and end next year fatter again.

Loose some weight! I always start the year off so well, then loose the plot and end up fatter every year.....

Also, passing my degree would be a bonus (Y)

Amen to that (Y) Pretty much my plan, but i don't tend to end up fatter this time every year, just back where i started :P

Adam

QUIT HALFORDS! Save some money, Do good at work/college. Get punto sorted and sold off for a wee profit. give that to my mum, get the lupo sorted. get a bike. did I say SAVE THE MONEY!

Keep fit and in shape. start rugby. try and make it up to sara? if shes willing to talk. Have loads of drink, but not get drunk...??

- Get ABB in my A2 levels

- Get into Surrey uni

- Stop smoking totally (and yes rollies do count)

- Cut down on drinking will after A-levels

- Ride my BMX even if its cold

- Try to be a better boyfriend

- Try harder at work (aka people over a year younger and a year less with the company getting promoted before me... like my manager said "no mike we like you way more than them, we just can't f**king trust you" so less bumming at work and hiding.

- Eat less Ben an Jerrys

- Aviod Sambucca

- Wank less

- Save for freshers week at uni

- Visit Fish and Scopse near Wales somewhere

Loads more... going to be a busy year.

-- Visit Fish and Scopse near Wales somewhere

Fish dont live near wales, hes some fassy ole hiding a good 20 miles from the border, Im near wales.so near in fact i could drive there in 2 minutes. Unless you can fire your bow and arrow over the border and hit some welshman from your bedroom window, you aint near wales. Hell im practically the front line in defence is ever the welsh invade (i dont think i could defeat them, id probably just use gone off cheese for their toasties).

Now onto my new years resolution.

Get a 6 pack, i get close like once/twice a year, then it goes to pot at the last 1/2 stone, i lose heart and end up like 1.5 stone away.

Sort my finances out.

Get a boat.

Stop having casual sex(although if the first 3 happen and i end up being rich, ripped, and with a boat, i think i may get the oppurtunity to dip me wick)

Try and be a better person

Avoid all drugs, all year, none of this "festivals are ok, birthdays are ok, weekends are ok, after 9am is ok"

Enter a good few mototrials comps.

Thats it really, to be fair, 2008's been bollocks, I may of spent 6 months of 2007 with the prospect of going to prison, but its times like that, that make you appreciate life, and how good your mates actually are when you need them, and i also had some awesome times,all in all, it was a hell of a year.

2008, not much really stands out as being good, havent really achieved much.