Ozonys Cannibal 2009

Tribal Zone

9mm... seems like a feasible difference at the rear axle, sweet!

Thats rounded acad dimensions, its 9.47mm actually :)

+0.5 head angle gives +6.19 bb height

-0.5 head angle gives -6.19 bb height

Could well be the axle holes are at 10mm and the head angles are more appoximate - of course running a bigger rear tyre than the front will alter the geometry, as will different pressure etc etc etc.

post-3202-1228836747_thumb.jpg

seems fair enough then ? I assume they are M6 ? (they look like it ?)

The 9.5mm would seem a reasonable assumption, they do look like M6 bolts (the size that you can tap a normal QR hub). Still got doubts as to how the axle is supported, would not want to see all of the load going through an M6 screw in shear >_<

I still don't get why they don't make stock frames with normal spacing, and horizontal dropouts! With a good set of tensioners, the wheel doesn't move at all.

Not a fan of the frame...I like that shade of green though!

Frames should just come etch-primered, and a can of paint, colour's our choice. :D

i like the look of the frame, colours aint great

iv never ever been keen on the idea of bolting a rear wheel in with 2 little M6 bolts

just not enough for my liking

i LOVED wacking a pair of big 10mm bolts into my old pro2

and i currently run a mod stock with the black echop fixed hub, which again comes with hollow 10mm bolts.

i know alot of people used the little m6 things, but thats usually with a stub on the axle end.

i dont like the idea that in 2 of the positions the frame will be kind of trying to guilatine the m6 bolt off on a big dropoff

would have been better to MAYBE just have long slotted vertical dropout for any hub, and a pair of good snail cams to choose axle height in the frame.

hmmmmmmm

excited to have ago on stans when he gets it though

iolo.

what if for using the lower 2 axle holes it came with little machined bits that slotted in and were held with a bolt through the top hole

a short pair for middle hole use, and a longer pair for lower hole use.

just to support the hub as if it were in the top one.

this kind of shape

pahhhh drawing with type messed up !! ignore

PLEASE PLEASE excuse me being so lazy that i havnt even used paint to draw that !!!

haha

Edited by IOLO

I still don't get why they don't make stock frames with normal spacing, and horizontal dropouts! With a good set of tensioners, the wheel doesn't move at all.

I prefer my tensioner, you can take the wheel in and out without worrying about having the set the disc up again, and you never need to tension the chain because the spring does it for you.

I'd also prefer to keep my big 10mm bolts, they're so nice. :P

Why didn't they just make it with bolt-on dropouts? Then people could choose the geometry, horizontal/vertical, and ultimately disc/none disc.

EDIT:

Actually thinking about, you can get Chris King HD axle inserts that you screw in to allow you to use a skewer with a HD axle. A skewer would be OK to becuase the wheel ain't going anywhere with the dropout design.

Couldn't you just tap an M5 thread into the inserts? It shouldn't be that hard I imagine, especially if they're made of aluminium.

Edited by Muel