Ozonys Cannibal 2009

Tribal Zone

Just sused it.

The more the back wheel is lifted up, the steeper the head-angle and the lower the BB rise.

The BB rise is measured as the distance up (or down) from the straight line wheelbase. If the wheel is moved up in the dropouts, the BB rise will decrease, but the head-angle, as expected will get steeper.

Just sused it.

The more the back wheel is lifted up, the steeper the head-angle and the lower the BB rise.

The BB rise is measured as the distance up (or down) from the straight line wheelbase. If the wheel is moved up in the dropouts, the BB rise will decrease, but the head-angle, as expected will get steeper.

Nah that isn't right.. I think.

Undo your wheel in your frame and lift the frame up, but keep the wheel in the same place.. The headangle gets steeper and the bb rises..

Man some of you guys are seriously harsh! What the hell is the point in just blatently ripping into designs and ideas. If you don't like something why not write something constructive? Or maybe if you insist on being such a fussy and negative sod you could just state your opinion without resorting to flaming and insults.

I'm unimpressed at the negative tripe that seems to constantly come from some members!

It looks nice I think, it stands out, its different from the normal plain paintjobs which I think we should be grateful for after the long, low and silver years...

Geo sounds nice, and i'm all for making it adjustable but as others have said, not at the cost of hub choice. It would be interesting to see a trials frame with an adjustable head angle as seen on DH bikes as well

Dropout gonna rip straight off!

You clearly have no idea what you are on about. :closedeyes:

It's a shame the frame won't work with a Chris King or Hope Pro2 hub :( But I guess the french probably don't even know what they are lol, and the majority of comp riders use a freewheel anyway.

I'm am glad they have got the weight back down too. 1750g is light and Ozony's frames have always been strong enough in my opinion :)

You clearly have no idea what you are on about. :closedeyes:

It's a shame the frame won't work with a Chris King or Hope Pro2 hub :( But I guess the french probably don't even know what they are lol, and the majority of comp riders use a freewheel anyway.

I'm am glad they have got the weight back down too. 1750g is light and Ozony's frames have always been strong enough in my opinion :)

Yer they do. At Koxx days this year we were riding on the far side by the pool and there was a group of French riders. I think one of them asked what hub/freewheel I was using and one of the other guys goes ** French, French, French, Crees Keeng ** :P.

What are you gonna do when you get yours Stan? :S

Yer they do. At Koxx days this year we were riding on the far side by the pool and there was a group of French riders. I think one of them asked what hub/freewheel I was using and one of the other guys goes ** French, French, French, Crees Keeng ** :P.

What are you gonna do when you get yours Stan? :S

Haha :D

Duno, bodge it maybe? :rolleyes:

Actually thinking about, you can get Chris King HD axle inserts that you screw in to allow you to use a skewer with a HD axle. A skewer would be OK to becuase the wheel ain't going anywhere with the dropout design.

Edited by Stan Shaw

Haha :D

Duno, bodge it maybe? :rolleyes:

Actually thinking about, you can get Chris King HD axle inserts that you screw in to allow you to use a skewer with a HD axle. A skewer would be OK to becuase the wheel ain't going anywhere with the dropout design.

So QR It'l be then? :P

You dont have to use a squer with a arm on it Stan. There are squers that look like bolts remember. (Y)

I got some ti bolt thoughs from the states, couldnt find any controltech ones in the UK and found a set on ebay for 25 USD; equated to 25quid including the shipping, which is damn cheap for a titanium bolt through. Theyve since upped the price :(

www.racebolts.com

Also a bit worrying about that dropout design, the whole load from the back wheel seems to be transmitted from the frame through to the axle via a single M6 allen screw - thats a substantial reduction in material section over even a standard QR :unsure:

Tensioner is a neat solution, been doing it on my bikes for ages now :)

So - Assuming ...

1084 - 377 - 35 - 71°

1085 - 378 - 40 - 71.5°

1086 - 380 - 45 - 72°

which one are stan and ali going to run ?!

Personally I would go with the steepest head angle - but Im not convinced the difference will be that noticeable ? Just seems they have sacrificed a lot for a very small amount of adjustment ? Tensioner is boss though.