Very Important Information For All Tartybikes Customers

AdamR28

Update 1st December: We have now traced various emails and other communication back to their source and it appears that this is most definitely a completely isolated incident. All customers should have absolutely nothing to worry about but please be aware that winners of the Santart competition will be notified on our website ONLY and we will telephone them directly afterwards - no emails will be exchanged.

Many thanks

TartyBikes

-----------

Original post:

We have received notification of a phishing/unauthorised email regarding our Santart competition.

One customer has received a bogus email from a Hotmail address, tartybikes_christmascomp@live.co.uk, informing them that they had won a prize, despite them not having entered our Christmas competition. It is imperative that all customers are fully aware that this is NOT a legitimate TartyBikes email address and we ask you to ignore all emails from this address.

Luckily, due to our highly secure order processing systems, we have identified this potential incident and have prevented it, but please be aware that we will never ask for personal details by email.

Winners of the Santart competition will be notified on our website ONLY and we will telephone them directly afterwards - no emails will be exchanged.

If there is a further update we will post it on the website immediately.

Many thanks

TartyBikes

Maybe send an email too?

If you go and send an email out to all your customers make sure you don't give the receiver of that email access to every single one of you're customers email addresses, as last time i got a tartybikes email i was able to do that.

If you go and send an email out to all your customers make sure you don't give the receiver of that email access to every single one of you're customers email addresses, as last time i got a tartybikes email i was able to do that.

You can do it without showing every email address. Think about the business' that already do it. Or am i missing what you said?

You can do it without showing every email address. Think about the business' that already do it. Or am i missing what you said?

Yeah but tartybikes didn't do it right on their first news letter so they gave away a big list of email addresses, everyone who signed up to their news letter i'm guessing, there was more than a hundred. I was going to use them all when i was selling my zoo pads but my ethics got the better of me. >_<

Yeah but tartybikes didn't do it right on their first news letter so they gave away a big list of email addresses, everyone who signed up to their news letter i'm guessing, there was more than a hundred. I was going to use them all when i was selling my zoo pads but my ethics got the better of me. >_<

tartybikes@hotmail.com eh? :P

Update: We have now traced various emails and other communication back to their source and it appears that this is most definitely a completely isolated incident. All customers should have absolutely nothing to worry about but please be aware that winners of the Santart competition will be notified on our website ONLY and we will telephone them directly afterwards - no emails will be exchanged.

Many thanks

TartyBikes