Trials-uk

Bearded Midget

basically i baught a neon conquer from trials uk, litrally 24 hours after i noticed the chain had wore through the frame, i checked with other riders etc and concluded it was a manufactoring fault, i then emailed trials uk, he agreed and said i could claim on the warrenty which covers manufactoring faults only (some reason this took about 2 weeks for him to tell me this).

he told me he would have the new neon bow frames by the time he received my frame.

i sent my frame to him, i know he received it as i tracked it and it shows a mr dan ko signed for it and it shows his signature.

its now been a week since he received my frame and he hasnt emailed me or rang me etc to tell me hes got it, and he hasnt told me hes sent a new frame. ive sent several emails over the past couple of weeks and have had no reply at all, ive tried ringing several times but no-one has ever answered.

my last resort will be getting trading standards involved, they were at my college today and said to get in contact with them if i dont hear anything from him...

has anyone else had problems like this? im pretty annoyed as its 260quid down the pan and im going to miss the last essex competition on sunday.

cheerz,

Reece

I ordered a couple of bits from trials-uk but got one part unboxed and full of scratches, the other was just a pair of grips that didn't even match. I have returned them and despite chasing and being promised a replacement have received nothing.

Cowboys.

As you all know. I love trials-UK couldn't fault their service (Y)... I'm very serious and am NOT being sarcastic in any way, shape or form :)

Pretty much the same story with me, I've always used Dan, because he's a mate but mainly 'cause of the brill service! Can't really fault him in my experience!

Edited by BenJohn-Hynes

Pretty much the same story with me, I've always used Dan, because he's a mate but mainly 'cause of the brill service! Can't really fault him in my experience!

Think that was sarcasum mate, I have had a problem in the past with a KO frame witch I eventully gave up on there were many pages written what people think is right and wrong but it never went very far I eventully sold the frame to a friend for very cheap as it was faulty and got a new one and im yet to use them scince but thats just from my experiance i wouldn't go out of my way to warn people off t-uk as befor that they seemed very good and helpfull.

Jack.

Think that was sarcasum mate, I have had a problem in the past with a KO frame witch I eventully gave up on there were many pages written what people think is right and wrong but it never went very far I eventully sold the frame to a friend for very cheap as it was faulty and got a new one and im yet to use them scince but thats just from my experiance i wouldn't go out of my way to warn people off t-uk as befor that they seemed very good and helpfull.

Jack.

I know for a fact that the frame you bent was down to rider error and abuse. Nothing to do with defects from any part of the frame. If you treated any frame like you did to that then it would of probably buckled the same. It had some major abuse all over. And you had your mates backing you up in that topic about it being lightly ridden. I say your a scammer.

I think if you have a problem you should go to trading standards. We can't help you, and making this topic isn't helping anyone. In fact it might give Dan a 'wake up call' when trading standards are knocking on his door.

[edit]

I don't think Tarty would replace the frame to be honest. Unless the backend was bent from manufacture then the chainline should be straight. If it wasn't, and you allowed your chain to slap or rub against the tubing then what did you think was going to happen?

I'd like to see a picture of this.

Edited by eskimo

I saw the frame myself, it wasn't abused. It had 1 or 2 dents, not overly scratched. Yeah it had been drilled, but that was by Simpson after the frame had already bent.

The frame was also cracked which should be covered by warranty anyway..

Edit: Was on about Jack's KO..

Edited by Bob Fossil

Yeah, Simp drilled it (f**king badly) when Jack sold it to him.

In reply to Eskimo's comment about the chainline/ slap etc, i seem to remember Reece saying that no matter how it was set up, the chain would rub the frame, for some reason or another regarding the rear triangle.

[edit]

I don't think Tarty would replace the frame to be honest. Unless the backend was bent from manufacture then the chainline should be straight. If it wasn't, and you allowed your chain to slap or rub against the tubing then what did you think was going to happen?

I'd like to see a picture of this.

i dont know where tarty got involved lol :S

but it is definatly a manufactoring fault, it wasnt slapping or slightly rubbing, it was more like putting an angle grinder to a piece of metal...after riding it for about 3-4hours there was already a gash straight through the frame....

even andrew chai (sponsored by neon) has said its a manufactoring fault

and i have no photo, frame is with dan ko....

so i guess its gunnu be trading standards il get in touch with then. im seriously pissed off.

i want my money back or the new neon....

Edited by Bearded Midget