Handlebars

bikeperson45

Trialtechs are awesome, so are extended montys; I have a pair of extended monty PR bars floating around ;)

When you say 'hard to pick up the front wheel' are you meaning hard to manual or hard to pedal up onto the back wheel?

Higher (riser) bars will help with lifting a manual, however if youre struggling with pedalling up onto the back wheel then its probably technique at fault. What frame/bars/stem have you got?

if it's the 'old' ones then it'll be the tryall replica's... which are non-oversized. in that case you're quite restricted to trials-specific riser bars as most are oversized. you can try something like azonic's singlewall or doublewall depending on budget, my old ones were ace! great shape, nice backsweep, in all sorts of rises! and come quite wide too!

otherwise the only oversized risers i used are rage bars, they were really nice too and im sure there's plenty of riders out there who'd agree.

steve

Edited by Gandalf the Yellow

I think the Viz Max bars are pretty sweet. The only downfall is the anodise. I'd much prefer a less shiny finish.

Super wide so cutting down to the right size is an option. Stiff as hell which was the original reason i bought them 2 years ago. Light? I don't look at bar weight i think they are pretty decent. Generous amount of upsweep so they feel right with my shoulders, and as they are super wide extra upsweep is essential i'd say for comfort. And not to much backsweep which is gastly i find. I like flat bars but the slight backsweep makes them great when the bike is on two wheels.

I'm awaiting to try the Trialtech bars. I don't believe what some people have said about them yet, but the pictures show them to have a nice shape. Also specs aren't really reliable i found with trials bars.