Us Election

monkeyseemonkeydo

Who will win?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to win the US election?

• Obama
    • McCain

Obama hates tax havens, and that's basically what the Isle of Man is and apparently he will stop American banks investing money over here, which will ruin us.

lol, read a book on international investment, the isle of man will be effected very little by the USA IMP's

I wouldn't vote for either of them and neither should we cos we're from the UK and not US

Fair enough, but who ever comes to power will have a very real knock on effect to you personally now and in the future.

Edited by M-i-t-c-h

i honestly couldnt care less

:)

Will we ever get this much coveridge in america for out elections? Will we even get this amount in our own country.

I know America is the "big player" in world affairs but I just get sick to the back teeth with all of the publicity that it has got on the news, its not like what we think will matter as we don't have the vote, america does. Fair enough, announcing that there is an election a few times, then when its over let us know whos in power a few times. Thats all that is needed. Bit more coveridge on the state of our economy "that also bores me but its quite important", more news on whats going on overseas with our troops "we've also had plenty of that, but thier still over there".

I hope people can understand what i'm getting too, without jumping up and down staying how much this election will effect us......

lol, read a book on international investment, the isle of man will be effected very little by the USA IMP's

Well according to are own Treasury Minister,

"At a lower level, we need to be very wary of the new administration, especially in the first year or two, because Obama has made a number of very strident comments against small financial jurisdictions such as the Isle of Man.

"He classes them all as tax-havens (and) doesn't seem to be able to differentiate between well run, well regulated cooperative states, and those rogue states he sees are draining tax dollars out of the United States.

"He has called for action and may well, especially if he has a full Democratically controlled Congress, try to drive through legislation against us at an early stage, so we need to be very conscious of that."

I'm only saying what I've read, so can you try not to sound so condescending.

Maybe I was wrong by saying Investment, but w/e.