Us Election

monkeyseemonkeydo

Who will win?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to win the US election?

• Obama
    • McCain

its basically just a black vs white thing

Well, I'm white and I want the black guy to win. I'm not even gay either.

If John McCain got in, and served 2 terms (like most presidents of America do) he'll be one of the most important people in the world at 80 years f**king old. He will have lost his marbles by then, surely.

Well, being from over here, I'll honestly admit I didn't like either one of them for a choice, so I went with my option to vote for Independent Robert Barr. I know he didn't stand a chance as the political machines and special interest groups weren't backing him, but seemed to be the best choice in my mind.

As far as the other two big guns go, I guess we're all along for the ride in one way or another. :blink:

What's truly funny is CNN network over here is a sensory overload of flashing infographics, reporters giving you every second's worth of "nothing newsy" and their projections (guesses?) based on what they seem to think will happen regardless of current results. It's a carnival of electronic stupidity! try to catch it if you can stand to watch it for more than 5 minutes.

Ohhh now my head hurts.

Like the thread though!

I'm glad. For all the people who'd prefer McCain, I really don't have an issue with him, but I think there's a very good chance he's already lost some of his marbles just by the fact he chose Palin. He's clearly got a couple of screws up in his head loose...

I'm also very glad that the new president can actually string together sensible, meaningful sentences without a) reading it off a teleprompter b) sounding like a total retard and c) exclaiming how good German asparagus is.

Yup, Obama's the big gun now. Congratulation to him! Personally, my 3rd party choice didn't even come close but I'm certainly glad that that trainwreck of a President Bush is leaving soon.

I still wish some of you late nighters could have caught some of that ridiculous CNN over-coverage. It was something else, let me tell you.

Dig the Palin pics a few posts back. Haven't seen those before. Hahaha

Time to go riding!

What the f**k?

Thirty states have now passed bans on same-sex marriage, raising serious questions about the country's support for the rights of gays and lesbians—something that Obama has advocated repeatedly on the campaign trail and in some of his most famous speeches.

Surprising to many gay activists is how other minority communities treated their cause. In California, exit polls showed 70 percent of African-American voters were for the ban on gay marriage, as were more than half of Hispanic voters.

But Obama supports civil unions and not gay marriage, a message that conservative activists disseminated widely in the weeks before the election.

That's like saying that I support black senators but not black presidents. I don't believe in marriage, but everyone should have the choice. America elects a black president but at the same time starts (again) banning gay marriage.....