They Said It Wasn't Possible.

Callum.Curwood

Cheers Alex. I've been in contact with him in the last week, but he's not responding so that's down to him really isn't it. I never got a pm from him and I sent him a PM with my mobile number. He never made the effort to get in touch, so he clearly can't be that desparate for them! I've done all I can to try and get it resolved.

Cheers Alex. I've been in contact with him in the last week, but he's not responding so that's down to him really isn't it. I never got a pm from him and I sent him a PM with my mobile number. He never made the effort to get in touch, so he clearly can't be that desparate for them! I've done all I can to try and get it resolved.

I don't really want to go off topic, but as we're here, you never replied to my PMs. I have your phone number but decided i couldn't be arsed.

Anyhow, hub. You can make the hub deeper across rather than have the hub larger in diameter to accommodate more pawls. So it could be the same size as a Pro2 and have equal sized pawls but with more of them. I hope that makes sense to everyone.

Anyhow, hub. You can make the hub deeper across rather than have the hub larger in diameter to accommodate more pawls. So it could be the same size as a Pro2 and have equal sized pawls but with more of them. I hope that makes sense to everyone.

You could but I'm pretty sure that's not what Viz have done, judging by the dimensions of the body...

ecomproducts-image-2507.jpg

He's just moved house for the past month or so, that why he hasn't replied lately. He also live's next door to me, so he is using my computer whenever he can.

But it has been months with no Pm's or anything.

And if he hasn't got in contact with you, which he has,(Using his phone and you didn't answer, and my phone, which agian you didn't answer, many of times.) It is still up to you to get parts delivered to him.

Edited by Callum.Curwood

But it can't be because it's running twice as many pawls as the Hope in a similarly sized shell. The Hope has 48 EP's. A Chris King has 72. Is there really any need for 120?! Fair enough if it works but if it was that easy surely Hope would've been doing it in all their hubs for the past 10 years...

Although Hope started off as xc/dh hubs and have only recently done trials hubs. I still much prefer the design of the older hope hubs with 3 pawls rather than using pairs of pawls as I think it would put much less stress on the hub shell (like why the '06 Pro II trials ones snapped along the shell).

I drew up plans for an 80 ep hub, but never really had the opportunity to make it. I was going to use the hubshell from a hope xc and make a new freehub body and ratchet ring. It would have had chunky enough pawls too. should have worked pretty well. Maybe I'll get round to making it one day...

by the way, this was before the pro2 hubs came out, would have been pretty unique at the time. I guess I could just make a new freehub body for a pro 2 wit two pairs of offset pawls and get 96 ep... If I ever get the chance, I'll try making one up.

Doesn't the Pro II trials run on 2 sets of off set pawls on a 24th ratchet ring. You'd need a 48th rachet ring or 4 sets of pawls to get 98 engagements.

Anyway, the hub, if its that light (or anywhere near a king) with that many engagement points, I can't see them lasting especially with QR axles. Something will go bang or snap. Interesting to see if it does work though, give one to Tim Steadman and if it lasts 6 months with him, I'll have one.

Engagement points are sooo 3 years ago.

Its all about the instant engagement :D

Andy P

As if you ride it any more though.

Wonder if anyone except you, and the people that know you know of the existence of that hub?

Should be a collectable relic soon, to be soon on the Antiques Road show next season? :P

As if you ride it any more though.

Wonder if anyone except you, and the people that know you know of the existence of that hub?

Should be a collectable relic soon, to be soon on the Antiques Road show next season? :P

STEALTH

Well, obviously where the hubs are instant engagement and are so quiet no-one has heard of them :lol:

As for the Viz 120ep hub, I've had a look at one, it does seem rediculopus to have a need for 120ep's but I'm sure someone will by one. I didn't get a chance to look at the internals, it seemed like it worked the a pro 2 with the pawls and teeth.