They Said It Wasn't Possible.

Callum.Curwood

I'd guess kind of unnecessary and possibly unreliable due to the requirement of small pawls and springs in such a small diameter hub shell.

I think it looks good but i agree with Mr monkey i think it could possibly be unreliable unless its running paws like in the hope pro 2.

it could possibly be unreliable unless its running paws like in the hope pro 2.

But it can't be because it's running twice as many pawls as the Hope in a similarly sized shell. The Hope has 48 EP's. A Chris King has 72. Is there really any need for 120?! Fair enough if it works but if it was that easy surely Hope would've been doing it in all their hubs for the past 10 years...

What hubs ate they then?

For one there are industry nine hubs that use a 120 point engagement system.

Just a thought, but what's stopping a company from sticking 2 offset ratchet rings into a hub, each with a couple of sets of pawls (a la Pro II) to make a 96+ ep hub?

Not that a standard Pro IIt isn't plenty, but you'll know what I'm sayin' yo

I'm pretty sure that has already been done on bmx hubs and some others with 135mm spacing but they didn't work to well and kept stripping themsleves. I am sure with some work they could work quite well.

Who thought it was impossible?

I'd guess kind of unnecessary and possibly unreliable due to the requirement of small pawls and springs in such a small diameter hub shell.

trials-uk did

VIZ Extreme 120EP Rear Hub

Feature:

- VIZ Newest invention, They have create something which everyone thought was impossible! A rear 135mm free-hub featuring 120 Engagement points!

- Body constructed from hi-grade aluminum for maximum strength which prevents any cracks or body from twisting

- 120 individual engagement points with 8 stand alone paws working off-set

- Runs on 4 heavy duty Japanese bearings for maximum smoothness and durability

- Available with international 6bolt disc mount or with out

- Black or white finish with VIZ etched on logo

- Weight 130g

yea so 8 paws? what like lil cat paws in there, awww cute

maybe they just meant pawls, and im guessing by 'stand alone pawls' the mean only one engages at a time...

somebody is going to get hurt lol

I drew up plans for an 80 ep hub, but never really had the opportunity to make it. I was going to use the hubshell from a hope xc and make a new freehub body and ratchet ring. It would have had chunky enough pawls too. should have worked pretty well. Maybe I'll get round to making it one day...

by the way, this was before the pro2 hubs came out, would have been pretty unique at the time. I guess I could just make a new freehub body for a pro 2 wit two pairs of offset pawls and get 96 ep... If I ever get the chance, I'll try making one up.

I drew up plans for an 80 ep hub, but never really had the opportunity to make it. I was going to use the hubshell from a hope xc and make a new freehub body and ratchet ring. It would have had chunky enough pawls too. should have worked pretty well. Maybe I'll get round to making it one day...

by the way, this was before the pro2 hubs came out, would have been pretty unique at the time. I guess I could just make a new freehub body for a pro 2 wit two pairs of offset pawls and get 96 ep... If I ever get the chance, I'll try making one up.

Mybe you can also get round to sending Daniel C his parts he won in your little auction?

It's been months now and he still hasn't got any parts, also he has Pm'ed you and you havent sent anything back.

A topic was made and you said that you lost his address, he Pm'ed you his address agian, Still nothing.

Your a Scammer.

You should be banned like all the other Scammers.

Mybe you can also get round to sending Daniel C his parts he won in your little auction?

It's been months now and he still hasn't got any parts, also he has Pm'ed you and you havent sent anything back.

A topic was made and you said that you lost his address, he Pm'ed you his address agian, Still nothing.

Your a Scammer.

You should be banned like all the other Scammers.

dude, domans a sound guy, im sure he'll sort this out for your mate,

if he's actually done anything wrong <_<