What The Strongest Chain.

Jordan GU

The KMC kool is okay for a fairly lightweight solution, though i'd go for a KHE collapse personally as they've always lasted me a fair amount longer. I've heard mixed things about the gusset tank, but having not used one myself i can't give a valid comment.

Go for a KHE unless your under 11 stone or a complete weight weenie, in which case go for a KMC kool (all silver version)

I would say the KMC kool just make sure you get the bmx width one, (unless weight is a big issue.) it seems strong enough for me im just over 11 stone I do have match stick legs though.

I think as its a grind chain it seems to take the hits better than a lot of the other chains about.

I would say the KMC kool just make sure you get the bmx width one, (unless weight is a big issue.) it seems strong enough for me im just over 11 stone I do have match stick legs though.

Width makes no odds. Strength is exactly the same, only the pin and barrel length is increased on the 1/8" chain so you gain nothing except extra mass.

What do you think of the (apparently) crappy build quality which leads to horrible stiff links on virtually new chains? I've always run KMC Kool's and probably wouldn't ever bother with anything else.

If youi have a decenty tensioner it isn't a problem ;)

kmcs are fine, just don't use the lazy link, i got a year out of my last one :) i try to buy a new chainr every 6 months if i've got the money (Y) theres nothing worse than loosing confidence in your bike after a chain snap (N)

What do you think of the (apparently) crappy build quality which leads to horrible stiff links on virtually new chains? I've always run KMC Kool's and probably wouldn't ever bother with anything else.

try using a decent lube and maybe give it a clean :S that always got rid of my stiff links, common sense really

kmcs are fine, just don't use the lazy link, i got a year out of my last one :) i try to buy a new chainr every 6 months if i've got the money (Y) theres nothing worse than loosing confidence in your bike after a chain snap (N)

i love the way that if someone hasnt broke something it must be the best thing out there, oh yea i bout this £2.99 half link chain from halfords, i ddnt snap it... buy one theyre amazing <_<

if you want the strongest chain, get that wipperman or what ever it was, havnt used one but jus look at it....

i used to run kmc cools, untill i started snapping them like every 2/3 weeks... weeeks! they suck! my mate bought one brand new and snapped it in one day :S and yea we do fit them properly as were both bike mechanics...

now i run a khe and tend to last about 2-3 months depending on how much i ride i guess.. theyre way better lol

Edited by adrian@eastcoasttrials

try using a decent lube and maybe give it a clean :S that always got rid of my stiff links, common sense really

Doesn't work. Not that I've run one because every single one I've ever seen is full of stiff links. However, everyone I've spoken to about them say lubing and cleaning does sweet fa and that they have stiff links from new, even with the nice thin assembly oil they come coated with. So no, not common sense!

i used to run kmc cools, untill i started snapping them like every 2/3 weeks... weeeks! they suck! my mate bought one brand new and snapped it in one day :S

You seriously must be doing something wrong then. I've run purely Kool's on my trials bikes (plural) for about 7 years and never snapped a single one. Replace them every 6-8 months if I remember and just never have problems.