Broken Mbk T1000 Evo 2

Dan S

Have you ever sen anything like this....

This frame was bought 1.5 months ago and my friend used it very smooth.No big drops, no huge drop - gaps......just riding for pleasure

Another day , when i was riding with my friend i saw that crack....we were shocked. There was a big crack near the upper tube.

we decided to go home but on the way home the tube just broke!

Also it Has a crack near BB shell......

So thats what we have now

UPDATE>>>>>>>>>>>>> friend said he rode it only for 1.5 months<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

post-18167-1225454848_thumb.jpg

post-18167-1225454876_thumb.jpg

post-18167-1225454889_thumb.jpg

post-18167-1225454903_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dan S

Send it back?

Does look royally f**ked :)

Man.....we live in Russia.....do you have any idea of how much is it to send it back to tarty?

190 pounds.....!!!!!!

thats 120 pounds more than it costed to deliver it to russia)))

we talked about that. Adam told me that MBK wants the frame back but we decided to send it back to tarty so Adam will replace it with Ozonys.

But after i saw the price of the delivery i dont think it is very helpful...

200 pounds is practicaly a new CZAR

i know the frame is pretty screwed and it looks pretty clear to manufacturing defects at fault, but you bought it from a foreign dealer, its not there issue or mbk's really. they have full rights to want the frame back before warrantying a new one, its standard practice. the shipping cost is harsh, but then maybe it was something you should have looked into when buying from abroad?

i know the frame is pretty screwed and it looks pretty clear to manufacturing defects at fault, but you bought it from a foreign dealer, its not there issue or mbk's really. they have full rights to want the frame back before warrantying a new one, its standard practice. the shipping cost is harsh, but then maybe it was something you should have looked into when buying from abroad?

Better ask my friend....he said that he wants this frame......

To tell you the truth, i was pretty sure in its quality and wanted to buy a Mod frame for me

now i wont

This just backs up my reason for never wanting to buy from a European trials brand. (with one or two minor exception perhaps)

to be honest 2.5 months of play riding is a joke for a frame to die. You should see the condition of the frame I'm riding now, it's what, a bit over 4 years old now?...

I appreciate that a lot.....he is a great guy.....thanks to him......

just my friend always worries bout the frame.....and guys on russian trials forum are being a bit disappointed with this situation as well as with tarty service)

Sorry man, but how is it tarty service? Hes offered to replace it with another frame the same or an ozonys, sounds like a great deal to me. Seriously its not tartys fault that postage prices from russia are so high and mbk want the frame back is it?

Sorry man, but how is it tarty service? Hes offered to replace it with another frame the same or an ozonys, sounds like a great deal to me. Seriously its not tartys fault that postage prices from russia are so high and mbk want the frame back is it?

I agree. He's stated he needs the frame back so he can send it to mbk and because of high postage costs your mate hasn't sent it. Thats hardly a problem with customer service.

As a problem i think is that he dont answer my and my friend mails.....for a week now..

But Now I see its not 'cause he dont want....sorry for saying that....

About talking straight to MBK - thats a shi**y idea.....they offer a 50% of for an EVO 3 frame which is a lot worser than this one was....

or a blue frame of theirs which costs half as low as this did.....thats not really fair i think <_<

I get the impression though that hes given you all the possible options and your friend has chosen not to send it back, surley theres not too much more he can do or say? it might be worth finding out if you can just cut off the cracked areas, and send them back rather then the whole frame, that would cut costs I would imagine. Yea, surley the MBK warranty highlights to you just how good tartys deal is?